The Hughes Low-Profile BGAN terminal offers consumers, businesses, public agencies and other government organizations a hidden satellite communications terminal to avoid potential theft or the ability to discreetly set up communication with an unseen footprint.
This rapidly deployable BGAN antenna is designed for unmanned remote and extreme weather concealed operation. The antenna and terminal lay flat on the ground and can be covered with surrounding materials including dirt (up to 2 centimeters). Since it’s a BGAN terminal, it can connect globally with any of the Inmarsat BGAN satellites under one service plan. It maintains a high-speed data rate for applications almost anywhere in the world.
The terminal may be buried under a thin layer of dirt or surrounding material as long as that material does not have metal in it. The arrow on top of the antenna should be pointed toward the BGAN satellite. There is 30 to 60 degree view angle of this antenna, and it may be tilted up for higher elevations.
The Hughes Low Profile BGAN ships with these components:
- Transceiver (middle)
- Lay-Flat Antenna (right bottom)
- 2 RF Cables (one has right-angle).. Use one of two for the install
- Pointing Wedge to raise height of antenna on ground
- Amphenol waterproof 6 Pin Ethernet Connector (for RJ-45 cable)
- Amphenol waterproof 3-Pin Power cable (supply 12 to 24 volt DC)
- LPB User Manual