Fleet Tracking and Messaging
View your vehicles and assets on a live map with the Iridium satellite-enabled RockDASH. This carry-on, carry-off device enables you to remain in contact with your drivers wherever they are on the globe, and can aid with route navigation. It also has five switch inputs so it can capture and transmit sensor data such as vehicle speed and fuel, and predictive maintenance-enablers such as vibration, temperature, pressure and noise.
The tracker will ‘wake up’ frequently in order to identify its location using the GPS satellite network. It will then transmit this position to Ground Control HQ via the Iridium satellite network (or LTE Narrowband if in range).
The device’s comprehensive tracking, messaging, and M2M/IoT capabilities are made possible by Iridium’s Low Earth Orbit (LEO) network, which offers high-reliability satellite network connectivity, low latency communications and global coverage.
It has quick access to alert features using the front panel, along with a comprehensive set of tracking, messaging, and M2M / IoT features. The portable unit comes with a quick-release mount to enable installation in seconds.
Team and Fleet Safety
When the ‘watch mode’ is activated, the device constantly monitors for any unusual low-profile activity. In case of any such activity, the ‘Red Alert’ function sends pre-set notifications to your base. By using waypoint marks, geo-fencing, and Ground Control’s intuitive web-based viewer, you can track the movement of your fleet within predefined boundaries, helping to improve driver safety.
Geo-fences can be programmed to have different behaviors. For example, transmitting on entry, exit, or both; or a specific transmission frequency when inside each fence. So you can personalize the RockDASH specifically to the activity and anticipated vehicle routing.
It also keeps your people connected via short messages (like SMS, social media updates, and short emails), sent using a paired Bluetooth device, such as a smartphone, and the RockCONNECT app. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of cellular range.
- Handy and portable form factor with multiple covert or visible mounting options
- Runs on 9-30v external power supply
- Back-up via an internal battery, for up to two weeks’ use
- Remote reconfiguration of key parameters
- Global network coverage with Iridium LEO satellite
- Least-cost routing options using LTE Narrowband
- Bluetooth LE for advanced messaging (requires Bluetooth LE-compatible phone/tablet)
- External switch inputs for easy alerting from external sensors
- RS-232 serial input for M2M/IoT usage
- Powered by: 9-30v input, USB or integrated backup battery
- Transmits using: Iridium or LTE Narrowband
- Size: 3.9″ x 4.7″ x1″ (100mm x 119mm x 25mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Installation: via Quick Release Mounting clip
- Certifications: FCC and CE; DO-160G
- Tracking options: rom 1 minute to 24 hours
- Tracking options: Various tracking options from 1 minute to 24 hours
- Bluetooth API so users can build their own apps to send form data, messages etc.; or use the RockCONNECT app for two-way messaging
- Data can flow directly to customer servers; can connect with AWS
- Onboard geofencing, sending notifications on exit / entrance to fences
- RockAIR can change transmission rate depending on whether it’s in or outside a fence, whether it’s on GSM or the Iridium satellite network, and whether it has external power, or is running off the battery
Ground Control offers Iridium SBD airtime both as a prepaid tariff, and as an annual contract for companies planning a larger deployment of devices. Full pricing plans can be found on our Short Burst Data Pricing page.
If you choose our prepaid, or pay as you go option, line rental is paid in blocks of 1 month, and allows the RockDASH to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. You only pay for months in which you wish to use the RockDASH. No annual contract is required. Line rental costs $23.00 per month.
Credits are used each time you transmit. 1 credit is used per 50 bytes (or part thereof) of message sent or received. 1 credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (A mailbox check). Credits do not expire, even if you are paying no line rental. Credits are shared/pooled between all of the devices on your account
Please note, while our pay-as-you-go tariffs offer great flexibility for development purposes, we know they’re not suitable for everyone. If you are planning a large deployment of devices and are willing to commit to airtime contracts of 12 months or more, please get in touch. We have access to various tariffs which may suit you better.
*These are example plans. For full details of our Short Burst Data service plans, including annual contracts, please visit our SBD pricing page.
Would you like to know more?
Whether you're a driver seeking a personal tracking device or you need to monitor your entire fleet, we're here to help. Contact us today to start a conversation about your specific needs.