Global coverage from Iridium's satellite network
RockBLOCK 9602 is a versatile, robust device that makes it easy for developers and systems integrators to incorporate Iridium Short Burst Data satellite communications into their solutions. This lets you transmit very small amounts of data, very cost-effectively, from any location on Earth with a clear view of the sky.
At the heart of RockBLOCK is an Iridium 9602 satellite modem. The RockBLOCK hosts the 9602 and provides it with an antenna, and its power supply requirements. It exposes the modem’s serial interface via a breakout connector over serial, or USB (via a USB/serial adaptor).
RockBLOCK 9602 takes its power from a standard 0.1″ pitch direct header connector, or alternatively via an FTDI to USB adaptor (to power/control from a USB port). If you’re using the PCB assembly version with a direct header, your host needs to supply a minimum of 100mA @ 5V.
The RockBLOCK 9603 is smaller than the RockBLOCK 9602; it’s designed for product developers used to using smaller equipment for small enclosures. The 9603 version also has both the onboard patch antenna AND an SMA connector for external antenna use. We ship the unit with one of these wired up for use, but you can change this later on if you wish. The RockBLOCK 9602 can only be used with the onboard patch antenna OR the SMA connector.
The RockBLOCK Plus is a waterproof and ruggedized version of the RockBLOCK 9602, with 9-30v power input and RS-232 data link. Talk to our team if you’d like some advice; the video also provides a helpful overview.
- Small form factor, low power, for easy integration into IoT solutions
- Plug and play satellite communication using the Iridium satellite network
- Full 2-way communication system
- Optional SMA connector, for external antenna
- Truly Global operation, pole to pole
- Data Send: 340 bytes per message
- Data Receive: 270 bytes per message
- Available as a PCB or encapsulated product (see RockBLOCK Plus)
- Integrated antenna and power conditioning
- UART and Serial interfaces; follows AT commands for easy integration
- Data arrives via e-mail or directly to your web-service
- Manage and monitor your device and delivery network with our cloud-based platform, Cloudloop
- Powered By: Direct Header Connector, or optional FTDI USB adaptor
- Transmits Using: Iridium
- Size: RockBLOCK Mk2 Naked: 76.0 x 51.5 x 19.0mm
- Ideal For: RockBLOCK Mk2 Naked: Integration into existing devices
- Operating Temperature: -30C to +85C
- Storage Temperature: -40C to +85C
- Built in Antenna: 1621 Mhz tuned patch antenna (& optional ‘SMA’ version for external antenna)
- Weight: 67 grams
- Waterproofing: RockBLOCK 9602 is *not* waterproof. If you need a waterproof unit, look at the RockBLOCK Plus
- Voltage Required: 5V DC
- Sleep Mode: Needs a minimum of 100mA for operation, but easily put to ‘sleep’ to save power
Airtime for the RockBLOCK is available both as an annual contract, or as a pre-paid line rental and credits-based system. The former is more economical, but the pre-paid option is very popular for people testing the RockBLOCK. You can find out more about both options in detail by visiting our Short Burst Data Service Plans page.
Line rental is paid in blocks of 1 month, and allows the RockBLOCK to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. You only pay for months in which you wish to use the RockBLOCK. No annual contract is required. Line rental costs £13.00 / $17.00 per month and includes access to The RockBLOCK management system for managing your devices.
Credits are used each time you transmit. 1 credit is used per tracking position or per 50 characters of message sent or received. 1 credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (A mailbox check). Credits do not expire unless you do not use your account at all for 12 months. Credits are shared/pooled between all of the devices on your account.
The RockBLOCK management system allows users to amend their account details, manage RockBLOCKs, top-up accounts, review invoice details, and set-up communication between HQ, individual devices and device groups.
Upon receiving your RockBLOCK(s), first time users will need to log on to our registration page: https://rockblock.rock7.com/Operations.
Having trouble registering?
If you are not registering new units, there’s a very high chance they have been already registered somewhere else. Contact email@example.com, mentioning your RockBLOCK serial numbers and IMEIs so that we can look into the issue.
Would you like to know more?
We're not invested in selling you a specific product or connections, just the best solution for your needs. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, call us on +44 (0) 1452 751940 (Europe, Asia, Africa) or +1.805.783.4600 (North and South America).