Powerful, Portable BGAN Terminal
The 9211 boasts a hardened, compact, and sleek design— the world’s smallest and lightest HDR- capable BGAN. Users can connect at streaming broadband speeds of over 650 kbps with features such as built-in, multi-user WiFi access.
An external powered antenna is available to support long RF cable runs for temporary or permanent fixed-site installations. The user even has the freedom to connect an accessory vehicular tracking antenna, enabling comms-on-the-move directly from the Hughes 9211 terminal.
Powerful and Compact BGAN for a Mobile Office
The Hughes 9211 enables users to send and receive IP traffic via Ethernet and/or 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, including voice or fax via a standard telephone connection. It is all IP-based and offers Class 1 background IP or selectable, dedicated Quality of Service (QoS) levels.
Inmarsat’s BGAN HDR service network now offers new and higher streaming rates. The Hughes 9211 supports the highest streaming rates available (above 650 kbps) for transmitting video and other critical data from the field. Asymmetric streaming rates are supported, enabling users to better tailor the service to their individual preferences and minimize cost.
- One-button auto-connect to the internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone.
- Service using Inmarsat BGAN or BGAN M2M provided by Ground Control.
- Delivers high-speed Internet of 492Kbps. A Class-1 BGAN terminal.
- BGAN HDR streaming excellent for live video broadcasters.
- Lightweight and Portable – measures a compact 9″ x 11.5″, and weighs just 4.2 lbs (1.9kg).
- Wireless hotspot allows any wireless device to connect up to 100 feet away.
- Optional in-motion antenna. The 9211 also connects while traveling in a vehicle.
- Night-friendly LCD backlit display with 4 button controls.
- Outdoor Use – Superior Ingress rating of IP55 – Built for extreme weather.
- Wireless Hotspot allows any wireless device to connect up to 100′ away. Stay warm indoors.
- Directly connect any standard corded or cordless phone into the RJ-11 phone jack.
- Calls are $0.99 cents per minute to any standard phone worldwide. Free incoming calls.
- Capabilities: Internet, email, voice, FTP, FoIP (fax), ISDN, SMS text, video streaming
- Internet Speed: Class 1 BGAN HDR – 492 Kbps (Rx) x 492 Kbps (Tx). 650 Kbps HDR Speeds
- Streaming (1:1CIR): 32Kbps, 64Kbps, 128Kbps, 176Kbps , 256Kbps, and 450Kbps, BGAN HDR Asymmetric Service (650Kbps)
- Wifi: 802.11b/g/n – 100′ radius
- Wireless Security: WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption. MAC Filtering Options for up to 10 devices
- Interfaces: 1 x RJ45 Ethernet, Two Line RJ11 Phone port – (Requires RJ11 splitter for one phone and one fax)
- External Antenna Port: Used for fixed or mobile (in-motion) external antenna
- Streaming Services 1:1CIR 32Kbps, 64Kbps, 128Kbps, 176Kbps , 256Kbps, and 450Kbps, BGAN HDR Asymmetric Service (650Kbps)
- Dimensions: 9.1″H x 11.5″W x 2″D (232mm x 292mm x 51mm)
- Weight: 4.2lbs (1.9kg)
- Onboard Battery Life: 36 hours on standby, 4 hours continuous RX
- Operating Temperature: +23°F to +131°F (-5°C to +55°C) with battery, or -13°F to +131°F (-25°C to +55°C) without battery
- Humidity: 95% RH at +40°C
- Environmental: IP55-compliant
- Power: 20 VDC 110 to 240AC
- Power Cables: 2-pin US type, 3-pin European, 2-pin UK
- Wind: Operational wind loading (with stand secured to ground) 25mph (40kph)
- Ice: 20mm before non-operation
- Standard Warranty 18-month parts and labor – Extended warranties available
Rent a Hughes 9211 BGAN Terminal with everything needed for $20 a day with free rental days depending on the service plan chosen. Just call or email us and we’ll do the rest.
Rental 9211 system includes: Hughes 9211 BGAN terminal, analog phone, rechargeable Li-Ion battery AC/DC 100-240 VAC power supply with US, UK, EU, AU plugs, DC vehicle adapter-charger, 6′ Ethernet cable, 9211 user manuals and software on USB flash drive in a hardened Pelican case.
The 9211 WiFi capable is a self-contained terminal and no cables are need excepted to recharge the system. International plug types include US, EU and UK. A 6 meter Ethernet cable is provided for those that do not wish to use the wireless connection.
- Hughes 9211 BGAN Terminal
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (not shown)
- AC/DC Power Supply (120-240 VAC)
- International Power Plugs (UK, EU, and US)
- 6′ of Ethernet cable
- User manuals on a USB flash drive or online.
The digital display on the Hughes 9211 makes pointing a breeze. Simply press the “X” register button after pointing for full connectivity. The whole pointing process takes just a few seconds.
The rear view of the Hughes 9211 BGAN terminal. Note that there is a compass to help in pointing the terminal. These terminals point at stationary satellites, and once the compass heading is known, pointing a terminal is a no-guess event.
The Hughes 9211 is a BGAN terminal from Hughes that uses both the Standard BGAN Service (charged by the Megabyte) and the BGAN HDR Streaming Service for live video broadcasters.
Many broadcasters can also upload images and stories at a later time (store and forward) using the standard BGAN Internet service provided by Ground Control.
The portability of the Hughes 9211 gives live video broadcasters the ability to transmit from any location. The BGAN HDR streaming service allows for speeds of 650 Kbps upload (and 64Kbps download).
The 9211 In-Motion antenna is auto-acquire and does not need to be manually pointed.. and can work while the vehicle is in motion.
The Hughes 9211, like any Hughes BGAN terminal, is designed to be outside in rain, snow, sand, or most other extreme environments.
Here are the 4 ports on the Hughes 9211. They are (from top left to bottom right), External Antenna Port, RJ11 Phone Port (for any standard corded or cordless phone), RJ45 Ethernet Port, and a power port.
Under the Hughes 9211 battery is the BGAN SIM card slot. BGAN terminals are “dumb” in that any BGAN SIM card may be used to provide service to that BGAN terminal. It is the SIM card that hold account information and not the BGAN terminal itself.
The Hughes 9211 has an easy-access external antenna port that can connect to an optional fixed external antenna or an in-motion vehicle top antenna.
3 Year Extended Warranty – Hughes 9211
5 Year Extended Warranty – Hughes 9211
Corded Phone for BGAN Phone Ports
High-Performance Optimized Laptop
Hughes 9202M/9211 AC/DC Power Supply
Hughes 9202M/9211 DC Extension Cable
Hughes 9202M/9211 Li-Ion Battery
Hughes 9211 Class 10 Auto-Acquire Antenna
Hughes 9211 Class 11 Auto-Acquire Antenna
Long-Range (2 mile / 3.2 km) Cordless Phones with Watertight Base Station Case
Vehicle Power Adapter for Hughes 9202M/9211
Would you like a quote or more information?
If you know the 9211 is what you want, great; please call or email us, or complete the form, and we'll provide a quote. If you're not sure - please get in touch, we can help.