Mobile Satellite Internet Trailer
Constructed of aluminum and stainless-steel, the T-100 trailer was designed from the ground up to accommodate our flagship Toughsat XP mobile satellite equipment and to be road-durable to operate in any extreme environment.
The lightweight suspension is perfect for long travels or bumpy roads in any kind of weather. The reinforced generator cabinet houses an optional 1000 or 2000 watt ultra-quiet generator, and the electronics cabinet is shock resistant with high-grade locking doors.
The large rear storage bay is perfect for adding additional electronics or for transporting any customer required equipment. Owners of the T-100 rave of its performance and ease of use. The T-100 is built to be used… and used often.
Operation is as easy as starting the generator, switching on the power inside the rackmount case, and pressing the ‘Deploy’ button on the Toughsat TS2 ACU (antenna control unit). The mobile satellite dish will deploy, lock on satellite, and automatically create a Wi-Fi access point for high-speed internet in about 3.5 minutes.
No other interaction is needed for full operation, and there’s no special licensing or certification required to operate. Stowing the dish is just as easy – just press the ‘Stow’ button.
- Heavy-duty all-weather construction, fully designed and manufactured by Ground Control.
- Bundled with our high-performance satellite service providing 5 Mbps x 20 Mbps internet speeds.
- Service pricing for available Public Safety Organizations. SAFECOM-complaint.
- The trailer may be deployed and operated by anyone with little or no training.
- Stabilization jacks are not required for normal use.
- The 6RU rackmount electronics case may be moved 50 feet from trailer (such as a tent or structure).
- The 6RU rackmount case has 2.5RU space for customer-added equipment. (8RU cases available.)
- Trailer suspension rated for light load mobility and can be towed by any vehicle without issue
- Designed to operate in extreme weather, including very high winds
- Lockable cabinet door with heavy-duty latch assemblies
- Trailer Dimensions: 138″L x 66″W x 58″H (Stowed Dish – Exterior Dimensions)
- Rear Storage Bay: 62″L x 24″H x 46″W (Interior Rear Bay Dimensions)
- Weight (loaded): Under 1400 lbs (includes spare tire, gas & dolly)
- Hitch Ball Size: 2 Inch
- Removable Tongue Length: 23″ (when removed, trailer is 115 inches long)
- Trailer Lights Plug/cable: 7-Pole, RV-Style Trailer Connector (male)
- Optional Generator: Honda EUi Ultra Quiet 1000 Watt Generator (upgradable to 2000W)
- Utilizes the Toughsat XP mobile satellite system as standard; other satellite systems may be used
- TS2 Dish ACU 1 RU with integrated Linksys 4 Port Wireless Router
- iDirect Evolution X7 Router – Satellite Modem – 1RU
- Power Conditioner 1 RU (with 8 AC plugs)
- 2.5 RU available for customer use (front side rack)
- 6 RU available for back side rack equipment mounting
- 50′ (15.3M) Quick-disconnect cable run (between dish and ACU)
- Normal Power Draw: 90 to 100 watts
- Power-Up Surge & Extreme Cold: 300 watts (Actual watts may be less. Buffer is built into this number)
- Warranty: Standard 1 year parts and labor on all equipment
- The Toughsat XP Mobile Satellite System (May also use any dish we offer).
- The Toughsat TS2 Controller (1RU) with integrated 4-port wireless router.
- The powerful iDirect X7 Satellite Router.
- AC Power Conditioner (1RU) for 8 – 120 VAC outlets – Good for keeping power clean.
- Rackmount case (6RU) for electronics that is easily moved (larger case sizes available).
- 50′ (14 meters) ACU cable (electronics case may be located in a structure or tent).
- There are quick-release straps for securing equipment inside of large storage area.
- Four easy-crank stabilization jacks – Good for high winds and uneven terrain.
- Self retracting security belt for crowd-security control.
- Spare tire (located inside storage bay).
- Removable and lockable trailer tongue. The ball is a standard 2″.
Toughsat XPs are protected with a standard one-year parts and on-site labor limited warranty. Our field technicians, located in hundreds of locations throughout North America, will drive to your rig’s location (in most locations) and perform needed repairs, all on our dime.
Extended Warranties Available
12-Month Extended Warranty – Add one extra year of parts and labor to the standard warranty for either the Toughsat mobile satellite systems.
24-Month Extended Warranty – Add two extra years of parts and labor to the standard warranty for either the Toughsat mobile satellite systems.
Lifetime Electronics Warranties Available
For a small monthly fee of $24.95 placed on your monthly VSAT service, Ground Control will replace any failed radio electronic component of your satellite system, which includes the satellite gateway router, the LNB, and the 3-, 4- or 6-watt BUC (transmitter). As long as the radio insurance fee is current with an active iDirect account with Ground Control, any radio equipment that fails to operate through standard use will have that part replaced.
Side-by-side are the Toughsat XP 1.2 meter and the Toughsat XP .98 meter T-100 communications trailers. Both systems will deploy and lock on satellite in a few minutes.
The lightweight T-100 Communications Trailer is totally self-contained with onboard 1000 watt generator. Here the 1.2 meter XP dish is stowed for transportation.
The Toughsat T-100 trailer uses four stabilizing legs for uneven terrain or to secure the system from being accidentally jarred off signal by accidental pushing or wind.
Two retractable belts mounted on two jacks are useful for day or night security when in operation.
Rails on the sides of the walls include with quick release strap/rings to make any load secure.
The T-100 trailer lights plug is a 7-pole, RV-style trailer connector. (male)
The locking trailer tongue may be removed and stored for added security.
The T-100 wireless (802.11 “G”) access point has been confirmed to connect with a standard laptop at a half-mile distance from the trailer (over 2700 feet or .8 Kilometer).
The optional trailer dolly maneuvers the trailer with a single person. It may fit inside of the storage bay, but normally is used only at the trailer storage location.
There are two high gain, range extending antennas that are both removable for added security when stored. The exposed connectors are protected by a metal twist cap.
The Toughsat TS2 ACU has powerful tools that maintain connectivity. The iDirect Evolution X7 is now standard equipment (Rackmount 1 RU not shown).
Raising and lowering the tower takes minutes using an electric drill (not included). The tower stows to a height of 8.5′ feet from the ground.
The Toughsat T-100 has an optional 30′ tower ($6,999) to mount lights, or antennas, or a video camera for creating a custom solution.
The weather resistant enclosed rear lockable storage bay includes a spare tire. Internal dimensions are 62″L x 46″W x 24″H.
A lightweight 6RU (or 8RU) rackmount case is strapped inside a shock absorbing weather-proofed cabinet with a stainless steel locking reinforced door. The rackmount case can itself be moved up to 50 feet from the trailer and located inside of a structure or tent if desired.
The Toughsat TS2 ACU has easy one-button “Deploy” and “Stow” buttons for simple operation. The web Interface also allows the system to be monitored and controlled.
If you have your own tower Ground Control provides an optional flat base plate for easy installation.
Ground Control is able to transport one or more T-100 trailers from our plant in California to any location… worldwide.
In the rear bay, the lights and light switch are located on the top support rail. Full clearance for loading any equipment.
The T-100 can be fully operational about 5 minutes from parking. This includes starting the generator, powering up the electronics, and pressing the “Deploy” button.
The heavy-duty twist lock cabinet latches on the trailer’s three cabinets have both a key lock and padlock rings.
The T-100 trailer’s weight is under 1400 lbs, making it an easy tow behind any vehicle with a tow package. The ball size is 2″ and can be easily changed to a different size.
Environmentally Controlled – The optional 450 watt AC/Heater keeps electronics at optimal temperatures no matter the temperature outside. The picture on the top right are the venting ports inside of the electronics cabinet.
The T-100 has a shore power plug (110 VAC) to run all equipment and bypass the generator. Next to it is a pass-through port for customer cables into the electronics cabinet.
Four helicopter D-Rings on the T-100 allow helicopters to aerial lift it anywhere. The weight of the trailer fully loaded with all equipment is under 1400 lbs which is under most sling load capacities.
An onboard battery powers all cabinet lights and the trailer’s emergency flashers when the generator is not running. Helpful for dark nights.
The generator cabinet may hold the optional 1000 watt or 2000 watt Honda ultra-quiet generator, or a generator of your choosing. The satellite systems pulls 90 watts leaving a lot of power for other electronics. Runtime on 1 gallon of gas is just over 8 hours.
The Toughsat mobile system can deploy and lock on satellite in about 3.5 minutes from a stowed position. Little or no training is needed to use this system courtesy of Ground Control’s one-button connectivity.
Ground Control offers a 4G LTE network solution for the T-100 trailer for locations that require temporary 4G LTE. This solution has a 10 to 20 kilometer range. Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This complete network in a box 4G LTE mounts to our T-100 boom and uses our high-speed iDirect service for reliable 4G LTE communication. Please Email email@example.com for more information.
Ground Control offers Long-Range Cordless Phones that will operate up to 5 miles from the trailer. This solution above uses 4 phones that each have their own phone number. Up to 24 phones can be supported.
The Long-Range cordless phone antenna (center antenna) gives these cordless phones up to 5 mile range, or through 9 floors of a building.
The trailer can also be configured so the Toughsat dish can be boxed into our Flyaway Case. This case solution can be stored in the T-100 bay, or in an SUV.
The Flyaway Case consists of a rolling 6RU rackmount case, the .98 meter dish, and the Toughsat in the case. Note the quick-release dolly for easy moving.
The Flyaway Case may also include Fly-And-Drive universal mounting brackets that mount the Toughsat to any roof rack (or prepared truck roof).
The T-100 Trailer using a Flyaway/Fly-And-Drive Case is the ultimate in communication flexibility.
Would you like to know more?
Call or email us to get a quote or advice on your requirements, or complete the form and one of our expert team will contact you.