Tailored SBD Contracts
Ground Control offers Iridium SBD airtime both as a pay-as-you-go plan, and as an annual contract for companies planning a larger deployment of devices. Our annual contracts are compatible with all Iridium SBD devices. We offer low-cost service plans, access to our web-based interface, Cloudloop, and a fully featured API.
We’ve provided a small number of sample plans here, and encourage you to get in touch to get a quote for your specific airtime requirements.
- Contract term is 12 months unless specified
- Each message has a minimum billable size of 10 bytes
- One free registration per SBD is included per month. Further registrations are charged at $0.02
- Mailbox checks (Mobile Originated messages, with zero user bytes of data) are charged at $0.02
Contact Ground Control
Pay-as-you-go SBD plans
Our pay-as-you-go plans offer great flexibility for development purposes, and are available for the RockBLOCK 9602 and RockBLOCK 9603 plug-and-play satellite transceivers, the RockSTAR personal tracking device, RockFLEET vehicle tracking device, and the RockAIR aircraft tracking device.
Line rental allows the SBD device to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. Credits are used each time you transmit.
- One credit is used per 50 bytes (or part thereof) of message sent or received
- One credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (a mailbox check)
- Line rental is paid in blocks of one month
- You only pay for months in which you wish to use the device
- No annual contract is required
- Credits only expire if you don’t use your account at all for 12 months
- Credits are pooled between all of the devices on your account.