Delivering Satcom-on-the-Move (SOTM)
Do you require a low-profile satellite solution delivering extremely high-speed internet while parked or moving from any vehicle, vessel, or fixed platform?
Then the Kymeta Hawk u8 GEO might be for you. The flat-panel satellite terminal delivers up to 5 Mbps by 2 Mbps speeds for North America, Europe, and the Middle East (view Kymeta coverage map).
The rugged, aerodynamic form-factor of the Kymeta u8 terminal is one of the first commercially viable SOTM VSAT antennas and it’s making global mobile connectivity a reality. It’s truly powerful, best performance over scan antenna enables high-speed internet on the move, all without moving parts in the antenna (nothing to stow, far easier to maintain).
Operation is as easy as providing power to the terminal and turning it on. The satellite system will automatically lock on satellite and create a wireless hotspot (or Ethernet) for very high-speed Internet.
No other interaction is needed and there is no special licensing or certification required to operate. And since there are no moving parts, there is nothing to deploy stow or maintain… Simply drive off.
Moreover, Kymeta’s patented metamaterials technology ensures the flat, electronically steerable antenna delivers the same performance as traditional parabolic VSAT antennas, at a fraction of the size and weight.
- No moving parts. Nothing to deploy or stow means far fewer maintenance issues.
- All-weather design for mounting on any mobile or fixed surface.
- LEO upgradeable. Ku-band now available to LEO constellations, so customers can organise an upgrade, or simply purchase Hawk u8 LEO satellite terminal to leverage OneWeb’s low latency, high throughput connectivity.
- Simply turn it on for high-speed connectivity.
- High-speed internet up to 5Mbps x 2Mbps in-motion or while parked.
- Low-Profile. Mount high-speed internet on vehicles/trucks/RVs that need the speed.
- No certification or licensing required. May be used and operated by anyone.
- No certified installer required for installation and activation.
- Robust construction – hardened and proven to work on land or maritime environments.
- Rated to work in extreme temperatures between -25°C to +55°C
- Establishes a wide area Wi-Fi access point automatically in seconds (U8 model only).
- Dimensions: L 90 cm × W 90 cm × H 14 cm / L 35.5 in. × W 35.5 in. × H 5.5 in
- Weight: ~32 kg (~70 lb.)
- Operational Temperature: -40 °C to +70 °C with shroud; equivalent to +55 °C + solar loading
- Storage Temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Ingress Protection: IP66
- DC Input Power: 12 VDC to 24 VDC
- Power Consumption (with Integrated Modem): ~200 W (typical), 600 W (peak)
- Network Interfaces: Ethernet and WiFi
- Antenna Frequency Band: Ku
- Antenna Type: Electronically scanned array
- RX Frequency Range: 10.7 GHz to 12.75 GHz
- G/T Broadside: Up to 11.25 dB/K
- RX Instantaneous Bandwidth: 250 MHz
- TX Frequency Range: 13.75 GHz to 14.50 GHz
- EIRP: Up to 45.5 dBW with 20 W BUC
- Tracking Scan Angles: Az 360°, El +15° to +90°
- Tracking Receiver Type: Integrated tracking system DVB-S2, DVB-S2X
- Certifications: CE, UL, RoHS, FCC
The Kymeta is available in several different configurations, and we’re here to help you choose the best solution for you. For more information on u8 terminals leveraging OneWeb’s LEO service, explore the Kymeta Hawk u8 LEO. As for the Kymeta Hawk u8 GEO, there are the following options:
1. Kymeta u8 GEO Terminal, 20 W BUC, IQ 200, LTE Advanced Pro
2. Kymeta u8 GEO GO Terminal, 20 W BUC, IQ 200, LTE Advanced Pro
3. Kymeta u8 GEO Terminal, 20 W BUC, IQ 200
4. Kymeta u8 GEO GO Terminal, 20 W BUC, IQ 200
5. Kymeta u8 GEO ODU, 20 W BUC
6. Kymeta u8 GEO ODU GO, 20 W BUC
Options 1-4 are turnkey terminal configurations, and include the Kymeta u8 GEO terminal with 20 W low profile BUC and embedded iDirect iQ 200 satellite modem card, with or without embedded LTE Advanced Pro modem card (Global or North America and Public Safety configuration).
The ‘GO’ system further includes:
- u8 terminal
- 20° kickstand (for use on the pause)
- Vehicle mounting system
- AC-to-DC universal power kit
- Stackable hard shell case.
Options 5 and 6 require that the customer provide their own external iDirect satellite modem (X7, iQ 200, or 9350), with the ‘GO’ system the same as above.
Ground Control will give you advice on the best configuration for your needs, and quote based on this. Note that irrespective of your configuration choice, the u8 typically requires a mounting option and power cables – please see Accessories (below).
Kymeta Broadband Coverage
Kymeta connectivity for u8 terminals is offered via an iDirect Evolution-based network that aggregates a growing number of satellite providers. Delivered largely via geostationary satellites (GEO), but also able to work with Low Earth Orbit (LEO) constellations. With no required mechanical components to point toward a satellite, the Ku-band terminals are able to serve many land mobility markets around the world with high-quality Communications-On-The-Move (COTM) and Communications-On-The-Pause (COTP).
Kymeta Broadband service is currently available in four geographical regions: North America, Europe, Middle East, and East Asia and includes a growing number of countries.
Coverage map is contextual and conveys expected COTM and COTP performance.
Call or email us, or complete the form to start a conversation about whether the Kymeta u8 is the best solution for your connectivity needs.