Cloudloop Device Manager's key functions
- Monitor the health status of your remote device(s) and get up-to-date, essential, device information
- Create custom device connection alerts and notifications
- Access service and system logs to enable remote troubleshooting
- Initiate basic command functions
- Complete Over The Air (OTA) software updates.
Part of the Cloudloop ecosystem
Part of the Cloudloop services suite, Device Manager combines device and subscription data to provide a rich view of remote devices without needing to send an engineer to site. Click-through from each device to:
- Manage the activation, deactivation, and suspension of your subscribed devices
- View real time and historical usage data
- View and manage billing of your services
- Create custom alerts for usage and expenditure
- Monitor your communications in real time.
Devices that can be managed in CDM
Frequently asked questions about Cloudloop Device Manager
CDM service data can be transmitted using a number of routes depending on the satellite network service. This will be done using the most cost efficient route as default (usually Out-of-band connectivity) and only when initiated by the operator to ensure that operational costs remain completely controlled.
Where available, CDM uses a communications channel which is separated from the main data communications stream, often providing a far cheaper method of communication for device status information.
For BGAN and BGAN M2M, SMS is utilised for this purpose which transmits short commands to the device initiated from the CDM user interface which are then actioned and responded to by the device.
For Certus 100 and RockREMOTE, the Iridium IMT service is used for this purpose, providing an efficient communication mechanism for device status data.
Where there is a need for greater data capacity or an out of band mechanism is not available, communication over the primary IP connection can be used for CDM data.
This will be used in scenarios such as remote software updates when connecting directly to the BGAN device web user interface.
Yes. By setting device connection alerts and notifications, you’ll improve your visibility of problem devices.
CDM Monitoring and Alert functionality enables rapid identification of potential device issues visualised on a map based view and via Cloudloop user alerts.
Devices can be monitored individually or added to a monitoring group, with last-seen time thresholds set based on when devices last transmitted data over the satellite network.
Get a demo of Cloudloop Device Manager
If you'd like to learn more about CDM, complete the form, or call / email us and one of our team will be happy to take you through a demo of the key features.