The display and controls on top of the Hughes 9202 make pointing this BGAN terminal very easy:
1. Turn power on by pressing the red power button.
2. Press the signal tone button (far right) to get an audible beeping of signal strength.
3. Aim the terminal face toward the sky (beeping sound will increase in speed when a signal is found).
4. Get the highest signal strength reading possible, and then press the "X" register button.
5. If the system is to be used as a wireless access point, press the Wi-Fi enable button.
That is it! Nothing else is required for operation. Any in range device such as smartphones, laptops and tablets may connect via Wi-Fi, or with an Ethernet cable. The BGAN Launchpad software is not required to establish a full use standard connection. Also, any standard analog phone may connect to the RJ-11 port on the side to make or receive calls from anyone in the world.
The Hughes 9202 has been ruggedized to operate in frozen, or blazing hot of environments. It has an environmental Ingress rating of IP 55, which means it is dust protected as well as staying operational with water jets spraying on it from any direction.
- One-Button Auto-Connect to the Internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone.
- Operates with all BGAN Internet Service Plans, Monthly or Prepaid, or Streaming.
- Delivers high-speed Internet of 464 Kbps, 94.5% as fast as the larger Hughes 9201
- The 9202 is the worlds smallest BGAN terminal with Wi-Fi
- Lightweight - the 9202 weighs just 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg). The Hughes 9201 weighs 6.17 lbs (2.8 kg)
- Portable size - the 9202 dimensions are 8.5" x 8.5" x 1.8" inches (21.6 x 21.6 x 4.6 cm)
- Outdoor Use - Superior Ingress rating of IP55 - Built for extreme weather
- Operates in +23° F to +131° F degrees (-5° to +55° C), or -25° to +60° C with external power source
- Wireless Hotspot allows any wireless device to connect up to 100' away. Stay warm indoors.
- Directly connect any standard corded or cordless phone into the RJ-11 phone jack.
- Calls are $0.99 cents per minute to any standard phone worldwide. Free incoming calls.
- SMS messages are $0.50 cents w/free incoming messages (iPhone texts are not charged).
- Supports approved Group 3 fax machines, and ISDN (64 Kbps) capable devices.
- Night friendly LCD backlit display with 4 button controls
- Intuitive browser interface screens for advanced controls
- Li-Ion battery will last 36 hours in idle mode
► Hughes 9202 BGAN Terminal
► Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
► AC/DC Recharger with Universal (International) Power Adapters
► 6' of Ethernet cable
► Manuals, BGAN Launchpad on Thumbdrive or online here.