This performance BGAN terminal became an industry favorite for these reasons:
- Very compact 8.5" x 8.5" with Wi-Fi for any in-range device.
- Very fast speeds of 464 Kbps (94.5% as fast as the fastest BGAN).
- Easy to point, no laptop required. Can be operated by anyone.
- One-Button Internet connection. Be online in a few seconds.
- Works with any standard phone. SMS texting, iPhone friendly.
- Rugged construction, all weather, & sleek appearance.
- Long battery life. Will operate 36 hours in idle mode.
The Hughes 9202 has all the features we love in a BGAN terminal (high-speed Internet, one-button auto-connect, crystal clear calling, SMS texting)... and with Wi-Fi, you can place this terminal out in the rain and work comfortably inside. So, unless you intend to broadcast live video for the news, the Hughes 9202 is and excellent BGAN terminal to operate from anywhere.
The display and controls on top of the Hughes 9202 make pointing this BGAN terminal very easy:
1. Turn power on by pressing the red power button.
2. Press the signal tone button (far right) to get an audible beeping of signal strength.
3. Aim the terminal face toward the sky (beeping sound will increase in speed when a signal is found).
4. Get the highest signal strength reading possible, and then press the "X" register button.
5. If the system is to be used as a wireless access point, press the Wi-Fi enable button.
That is it! Nothing else is required for operation. Any in range device such as smartphones, laptops and tablets may connect via Wi-Fi, or with an Ethernet cable. The BGAN Launchpad software is not required to establish a full use standard connection. Also, any standard analog phone may connect to the RJ-11 port on the side to make or receive calls from anyone in the world.
The Hughes 9202 has been ruggedized to operate in frozen, or blazing hot of environments. It has an environmental Ingress rating of IP 55, which means it is dust protected as well as staying operational with water jets spraying on it from any direction.
- One-Button Auto-Connect to the Internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone.
- Operates with all BGAN Internet Service Plans, Monthly or Prepaid, or Streaming.
- Delivers high-speed Internet of 464 Kbps, 94.5% as fast as the larger Hughes 9211
- Wireless Hotspot allows any wireless devices to connect up to 100' away. Stay warm indoors.
- Track Internet Usage with Hughes 9202 Usage Screen. Also tracks Streaming and Call Times.
- Lightweight - the 9202 weighs just 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg). The Hughes 9201 weighs 6.17 lbs (2.8 kg)
- Portable size - the 9202 dimensions are 8.5" x 8.5" x 1.8" inches (21.6 x 21.6 x 4.6 cm)
- Outdoor Use - Superior Ingress rating of IP55 - Built for extreme weather
- Operates in +23° F to +131° F degrees (-5° to +55° C), or -25° to +60° C with external power source
- Directly connect any standard corded or cordless phone into the RJ-11 phone jack.
- Calls are $0.99 cents per minute to any standard phone worldwide. Free incoming calls.
- SMS messages are $0.50 cents w/free incoming messages (iPhone texts are not charged).
- Supports approved Group 3 fax machines, and ISDN (64 Kbps) capable devices.
- Night friendly LCD backlit display with 4 button controls
- Intuitive browser interface screens for advanced controls
- Li-Ion battery will last 36 hours in idle mode
► Hughes 9202 BGAN terminal
► Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (not shown)
► AC/DC power supply with universal (international) power plugs
► 6' of Ethernet cable
► Manuals, BGAN Launchpad on USB flash drive or online here.
Click for larger photo
|Hughes 9202 Ready Case Kit
Need a quick reliable solution fast? We offer the Hughes 9202 BGAN terminal in a hardened Pelican case complete with analog phone, DC vehicle adapter and 300 Megabytes of BGAN Internet service ready to go now.