Challenges in Maritime Security
In the anti-piracy and maritime security world, it’s vital to know the situation of your remote teams.
You can’t rely on the communication facilities aboard the vessels you’re protecting, both for privacy reasons and in case of possible compromise.
We provide RockSTAR units to a large number of marine security and anti-piracy firms worldwide. They provide accurate tracking, allowing the position of your teams / vessels to be monitored while in transit. They also give a secure and private means of communication for onboard team leaders.
The Solution - RockSTAR device
In the anti-piracy and marine security world, it’s vital to know the situation of your remote teams.
Typically, when marine security teams deploy onboard a vessel, they take a RockSTAR device with them. Before the start of the transit the unit is turned on and will start transmitting a position fix once per hour (or whatever the customer chooses).Back at HQ, the customer uses The Core management system to monitor the positions of all their teams/vessels.
In the case of an emergency, the RockSTAR unit can alert HQ, using either the dedicated red button or, even better, the messaging facilities to indicate the type of alert and any other relevant details.
Safeguarding personnel and assets with the RockSTAR
KEY FEATURES FOR MARITIME SECURITY TEAMS
- GPS Tracking – Frequency of transmissions between 15 seconds – once per day
- Up to 3-month battery life (when transmitting every hour)
- Portable and can be covertly carried/mounted
- Two-way messaging between teams and HQ
- Access to ‘The Core’ for management across all deployed teams
- Various alert options including red button, timer alert and dead man’s switch
- Pay only when the units are being used at sea, no annual contracts
In summary, the RockSTAR is a private means of communication and tracking between the marine security company and the teams on the vessel. It’s robust, reliable, and popular in the industry.