Powerful On-the-Move BGAN Terminal
Using the Explorer 727 is as easy as turning on the power switch. A standard Internet connection is available in about 1 minute from startup.
For video broadcasters, Ground Control can configure the system to automatically establish a streaming unshared channel for superior data performance (useful for live event/news video broadcasters).
- Voice and data communications on the move.
- Easy to use and operate. Simply turn the unit on, and connect any laptop.
- Auto-pointing while in motion or parked (if it requires line-of-sight to the BGAN satellite).
- Up to 492Kbps internet speeds using standard BGAN service plans from Ground Control.
- Up to 450Kbps unshared CIR 1:1 speeds with BGAN X-Stream service.
- Simple three-piece design: Mag-Mount Antenna, Controller and IP Handset.
- Easy to transport. Place system in a medium-sized suitcase for use anywhere.
- Antenna available in two colors – white or tan.
- Rackmount version of controller available.
- Integrated web console for system status, wireless security and other parameters.
- There are four RJ-45 Ethernet ports for multiple device connections.
- All Ethernet ports are POE (Power Over Ethernet) for specialized devices (IP camera).
- Physical Dimensions (Antenna): (H) 15.2cm / 6.3″ (Ø) 47.7cm / 18.76″ (W) 6kg / 13.2lbs
- Physical Dimensions (Transceiver): (H) 4.25cm / 1.67″ (W) 23.1cm / 9.72″ (D): 27.3cm / 10.63″(W) 2.5kg / 5.5lbs
- Satellite Service: Inmarsat BGAN – Provided by Ground Control
- Voice/Premium Voice : 4 kbps AMBE +2 / 3.1 kHz audio, 64Kbps
- Standard IP Data: Up to 492 kbps
- Streaming CIR 1:1: 32, 64, 128 and 256Kbps up to 450Kbps BGAN X-Stream when stationary
- ISDN: UDI 64Kbps / RDI 56Kbps
- SMS: 160 Characters
- LAN Interface: 4 x RJ45 10/100 Mbps ethernet connections
- Other Interfaces: 1 x RJ45 ISDN, 1 x 5 pin GPIO
- Power: 10.5-32VDC input 150W max
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to +55°C / -13°F to +131°F
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C / -40°F to +185°F
- Humidity: 95% non-condensing at +40°C/+104°F
- Water and Dust Protection: IP56 (Antenna), IP30 (Transceiver)
- Approvals: CE, GMPCS, FCC, Inmarsat Land Class 10
- 13.8″ Inch antenna with built-in magnetic mounts
- Transceiver with 2 Ethernet Ports and 1 Phone port
- 2.7 Meter and 8 meter antenna cable
- IP Handset phone for making and receiving calls
- 5m (16′) Ethernet cable
- DC power cable
- Antenna mounting kit (fixed/rail)
- Cable support
- Quickstart guide, users manual, installation manual on flashdrive.
Would you like to know more?
If you're not sure which device / satellite constellation will best meet your needs, get in touch; we have 20 years' experience and we'll provide impartial, expert advice.