Global, Portable, Iridium Certus Internet Hotspot
The MCD-MissionLINK requires no user training to operate. Like all of our MCD products, simply place the ‘closed’ weather-tight sealed case on the ground or on a moving vehicle/platform under an open sky, rain or shine, and turn it on – no pointing necessary – and with the case lid closed.
The terminal connects with the Iridium Certus satellite network with speeds of 700Kbps and then broadcasts a Wi-Fi hotspot (up to 300 meters – 1,000 feet) for up to 12 devices to connect to. It runs for about five hours on its internal battery. This portable case uses the new Thales MissionLINK satellite terminal integrated with our proprietary mobile electronics for a ruggedized, self-contained, in-field, user-friendly worldwide communications solution.
Contact Ground Control
100% Global Coverage
Iridium Certus services are 100% global even on the North and South Poles at full available speeds. There’s no place above ground it doesn’t cover – an excellent advantage over other satellite service that have limited service regions or line-of-sight obstructions.
Built for Extreme Environments
The MCD-MissionLINK is enclosed in a watertight hardened plastic Pelican case that is proven to take a beating and keep out the elements. Full operation of the terminal can be done with the case lid closed, so it operates in heavy rain or in sloshing water environments. External ports are inset to avoid breakage with impacts.
With an IP rating of IP66, the terminal is dustproof and can take high-pressure water jets from any direction. Besides the onboard cooling fan, there are no moving parts of this system. Cold or hot weather? The MCD-MissionLINK operates from below -22°F to 131°F (-30°C to +55°C).
Contact Ground Control
- Easy to set up and use. Online within one minute
- 100% Global satellite internet connectivity on the Iridium Certus network
- Broadband speeds of up to 700Kbps
- Wi-Fi hotspot up to 300 meters (1,000 feet)
- Internet, email, voice and SMS messaging services
- Housed in a portable, ruggedized, waterproof case
- Operates stationary or in-motion, on land, or open ocean
- Up to 6-hour battery life for normal use.
- No pointing or aiming… Simply turn the unit on under an open sky.
- Does not require user interaction. No software to run. Establishes AP “Hotspot” automatically.
- Ruggedized. Operates in extreme conditions. Case does not need to be opened to operate.
- Connect up to 12 wireless devices. WiFi WPA2 Security & MAC address whitelisting.
- Compact case size – 20.66″ x 17.20″ x 8.40″ (52.5 x 43.7 x 21.3 cm)
- External all weather Ethernet (RJ-45) and Phone (RJ-11) connection ports.
- External ports allow for hard-wired waterproof Ethernet and phone connections to any device
- May be plugged into a vehicle 12V power port for continuous operation or charging.
- Includes standard analog phone. The RJ-14 jack has two separate phone lines.
- No rain fade – Operates in heavy rain.
- Terminal: Thales MissionLINK Iridium Certus Terminal
- Data / Internet Speeds (Standard IP): Up to 700Kbps (Rx) x 352Kbps (Tx)
- Global service with Iridium Certus L-band Land plans provided by Ground Control
- Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g, up to 300 meter range, up to 12 concurrent wireless connections
- Wireless Security: WPA2 and MAC address whitelist
- Internet Security: Whitelist and blacklist of internet domains configurable from the MissionLINK interface
- External Ports: 2 x RJ45 LAN / PoE, 1 x RJ45 WAN, 1 x RJ14 Phone, 1 x AC/DC external power
- Case Dimensions LxWxH: 20.66″ x 17.20″ x 8.40″ (52.5 x 43.7 x 21.3cm)
- Weight: 37lbs (16.5kg).
- Battery Life: Up to 6 hours normal usage
- Battery Type – NiMH (nickel-metal hydride)
- AC/DC Power Supply: Input 110 to 240 volts AC. Output 28 volts DC @ 8 Amps. Cable length 12′ (3.6 meters)
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +55°C / -22°F to +131°F
- Environmental Rating: IP 66-compliant
- Standard Case Color: Silver-Grey
- Warranty: Two years standard limited warranty. Extended warranties available
The MCD-MissionLINK integrates the Thales MissionLINK terminal into in a ruggedized Pelican 1450 case (flyaway case) with Ground Control engineered electronics and software.
- MCD-MissionLINK Flyaway Portable Case
- AC/DC power supply (110/240 VAC)
- Standard analog phone
- Mini DC inverter for running off vehicle power
- AC plugs for U.S., U.K., EU, AU, China, N. Europe
- Ethernet cable – 10′ feet / 3 meters
- USB flash drive with user manuals
- Carry bag to hold accessories
25 Foot (8.6m) Waterproof Extension Cable – Ethernet & Phone
5 Year Extended Warranty – Thales MissionLINK / VesseLINK
Additional Slimline Analog Phone
Cisco VoIP Phone
Hardened MCD Accessory Case
High-Performance Optimized Laptop
Long-Range (2 mile / 3.2 km) Cordless Phones with Watertight Base Station Case
MCD-MissionLINK 3 Year Extended Warranty
MCD-MissionLINK Extra / Replacement Batteries (Includes 2 packs)
MCD-MissionLINK Replacement AC/DC Charger
RJ-45 & RJ11 Watertight Caps Replacements
RJ-45 & RJ11 Watertight Connectors for Ethernet and Phone
Splitter Extension Cable
SureLINK – Thales Handset Display Phone
Would you like a quote or more information?
If you haven't decided and would like some expert, impartial advice, get in touch; we have 20 years' experience and work with multiple partners to ensure you get the best product for your needs.