Optimized and Cost Effective Voice Calling Over Satellite
If you require standard phone service over satellite, Ground Control specializes in satellite VoIP phone equipment & service when using our iDirect satellite network. Our fixed or mobile dishes can easily support 1 or 10 simultaneous phone conversations at service rates comparable to terrestrial phone providers.
The best part of our optimized iDirect network is callers are often unaware they are speaking over a satellite connection. We provide plug-and-play, crystal clear calls over our premium satellite network, and this service is offered globally.
Monthly service is $49.95 per month and includes 1000 free minutes (16.6 hours) per month. Anything over 1000 minutes is charged a reasonable $0.04 cents per minute.
- Use any phone that will work identically to any landline phone, including a local phone number
- Connect 1 to 10 phones. Have 10 simultaneous calls over one satellite connection
- Low Latency (500-650 milliseconds), callers are often unaware they are speaking over satellite
- Phones will work over ANY Internet connection, not just over our satellite network
- Move the phone anywhere. It keeps the same phone number no matter your location
- Phone service has all the standard features such as voicemail, activity, call-forwarding etc.
- Easy to start. All equipment is configured, tested and plug-and-play ready when shipped.
Choose A Phone - Equipment for VoIP Over Satellite
Select a Service Plan for Optimized VoIP Service
VoIP Phone Calls Optimized for Satellite
Not all VoIP is the same, especially when it comes to making calls over satellite. Ground Control has minimized the delay between talking parties so that most will not be aware they are speaking over a satellite connection. Our network latency is one of the lowest in the satellite industry at 500-650 milliseconds using our iDirect VSAT Network.
It also has an incredibly low bit error rate of below 10-9, which is defined as a clear channel and perfect for VoIP. Trust that we take care of the complexities of VoIP so you can take care of business.
- Mobile command vehicles phone communication that use our mobile satellite dishes
- Rural buildings, homes, equipment, serviced only by satellite
- Backup phone service for organizations that require a secondary phone service
- Disaster communication for organizations that need to establish off-the-grid infrastructures.
Listen To A Recorded Example
This VoIP audio recording is of Ground Control’s VoIP phone service over our iDirect satellite in North America. The recording equipment was physically attached to the phone with the male voice where the female voice is over satellite.
Connect 1 to 10 Phones
Connect as many phones through the satellite link as there is capacity. Each phone uses a 20×20 Kbps stream when in use, so the connection is well within the uplink channel speed. For example, if you have a 1Mbps uplink, you could easily have 10 (or more) phones talking simultaneously. And at 20Kbps, you can talk for 6.6 minutes before you transfer one Megabyte.
Would you like to know more?
We've been delivering satellite communication services for 20 years, and we'll deliver expert, objective advice on the best solution for your requirements.