RockREMOTE for Harsh Environments
RockREMOTE Rugged is designed for permanent outdoor installation in harsh environments. Using Iridium’s truly global Certus 100 service and an omni-directional antenna, it is perfect for critical communication in remote and mobile situations.
With no requirement for antenna-pointing and a constellation of 66 rapidly moving satellites, RockREMOTE can reliably transfer your data even with a poor or changing view of the sky.
The powerful Linux-based operating system offers containerised hosting for edge-computing applications. Comprehensive remote management (including diagnostics and firmware updates) is provided by Cloudloop.
Iridium Messaging Transport (IMT) Compatible
Taking full advantage of IMT, the latest Iridium network service evolution, Ground Control has developed a Satellite IoT delivery network. It’s designed to deliver large message payloads for a wide range of IoT applications in a highly cost effective way.
It provides an end-to-end solution comprised of:
- An MQTT application deployed on the RockREMOTE terminal; this provides the interface for your remote application to submit and receive data payloads
- The Iridium IMT satellite service
- An MQTT server application, delivered via Ground Control’s Cloudloop platform, which enables your IoT service application to submit and receive data payloads.
RockREMOTE Rugged Use Cases
- Used in data buoys and USVs to increase the amount of sensor data transmitted
- Remote camera traps to transmit images of potential poachers in real-time
- To monitor and manage heavy machinery in agriculture, construction and mining
- To transmit SCADA system data from remote utilities and renewables sites
- Pipeline monitoring for safety, leak detection, and to reduce unplanned maintenance costs
- Monitoring and managing valuable remote assets such as mobile generators
- Intuitive local web UI and RESTful JSON API
- Automatic WAN failover
- Configurable Firewall
- Hosted applications (Edge computing)
- Remote Management with Cloudloop Device Manager (CDM)
- Over-The-Air firmware updates
- Protocol facades for MQTT and FTP
- IP67 rated: designed for permanent outdoor installation in harsh environments
- Omni-directional, with no antenna pointing required; ideal for fixed deployment in hilly or woody locations, or for on-the-move applications
- Simple to deploy, IP-based over Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Dual mode Iridium Certus satellite network combined with LTE
Physical & Environmental
- Size: 250 mm x 97 mm x 61 mm
- Mounting: Fixings for deck/bulkhead and pole mounting
- Antenna Size: 150 mm x 95 mm (diameter), 191.5 mm with mounting base included
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Operating Temperature: -40C to +70C
- Ingress Rating: IP67
- Vibration Rating: EN 300 019-2-5, EN 300 019-2-7
- Iridium: Certus 100: IP (22/88 kbps) and IMT
- Cellular: LTE Cat 1 & Cat 4
- GNSS: GPS, Glonass, Bei-dou, Galileo, QZSS
- WiFi: 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Iridium: TNC cable assembly to supplied Certus antenna
- Cellular, GNSS, WiFi: SMA connector to external antennas
- Ethernet: M12 connector, supplied hybrid cable
- Serial & GPIO: M12 connector
- SIM: Field accessible Certus & Cellular SIM slots
- DC Input: 10-30V DC protected
- Power: 0W (sleep), 5W (idle), 9W (average transmit)
- Compliance: CE, FCC, IC
*For full details of our Iridium Certus 100 airtime, please visit our Certus 100 Service Plans page.
The following items are supplied with your RockREMOTE Rugged device:
- RockREMOTE Rugged unit with Iridium SIM card installed
- Omnidirectional Certus 100 antenna
- 9m antenna cable assembly
- DC power cable assembly (2m for RockREMOTE Rugged with IP67 connector)
Optionally, you may also have been provided with:
- An appropriate antenna mounting bracket (see Accessories)
- LTE, WiFi and GNSS antennas
Would you like to know more?
RockREMOTE Rugged now available
Complete the online form or call / email us; we're standing by to help as needed.