Powerful, Portable BGAN Terminal
The EXPLORER 710 is the flagship Explorer BGAN terminal tied with the Hughes 9211 for the fastest speed possible of any BGAN terminal.
The carry portable office provides high-speed internet access with multiple interfaces for countless applications. Connect your laptop, smartphone, or tablet to the 710’s Wi-Fi hotspot with a powerful 100-meter Wi-Fi range. Internet browsing, email, live video broadcasting, phone services, large file transfers, and even video conferencing are all available with standard BGAN service.
For video broadcasters, BGAN streaming services are available for a unshared 650Kbps channel for reduced jitter, video dropouts, or fast file transfer.
Explorer Connect Smartphone App
Download the free iPhone or Android app and use your smartphone and tablet to connect, monitor, control and communicate. As well as enabling control and configuration of the terminal, the app also turns a smartphone into a satellite phone to make and receive voice calls.
This does not degrade Internet service since calls are connecting with a different “regional” beam (Internet is a “narrow beam“).
The Explorer 710 is unlike other portable BGAN terminals in that the antenna may be separated from the transceiver and be mounted on an external pole mount, up to 80 meters away with the optional antenna cable. This setup is ideal for permanent installations where the antenna may need to be located in an awkward location.
- A Class-1 BGAN with up to 492 x 492Kbps speeds
- Fastest for live-streaming – 650Kbps both directions with BGAN HDR
- Powerful Wi-Fi hotspot (up to 328 feet or 100 meters)
- Control app includes phone support for any type of smartphone
- One-button auto-connect to the internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone
- Operates with all BGAN service plans: monthly, prepaid, or streaming
- Operates with any iPhone or Android phone for system control as well as calling
- Large display and keypad with ability to configure system without laptop
- Intuitive browser interface screens for advanced controls
- USB recharge port (.5 amp or 2 amp) for recharging smartphones and other devices
- Portable size – the 710 dimensions are 11″ W x 13″ H x 2.13″ inches (279 x 332 x 54 mm)
- Operates in very cold or very hot weather at -25°C to +55°C / -13°F to +131°F
- Dimensions (HxWXD): 13″ x 11″ x 2.13″ (27.9 x 33.2 x 5.4 cm) Weight:7 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Satellite Service: Inmarsat BGAN – Provided by Ground Control
- Voice/Premium Voice: 4kbps / 3.1 kHz audo, 64 kbps
- Standard IP Data: Up to 492 kbps (Rx) 492 kbps (Rx). Class-1 BGAN terminal
- Streaming IP: 32Kbps, 64Kbps, 128Kbps, 176Kbps , 256Kbps and BGAN X-Stream
- HDR Streaming: 600 kbps (300 kbps half-channel)
- ISDN: UDI 64 kbps / RDI 56 kbps
- WLAN Interface: 802.11 b/g up to 100 meter (328 feet) radius.
- Interfaces: 2 x RJ45 LAN / PoE, 1 x RJ11 phone, 1 x USB 2.0 host, 1 x RJ45 ISDN
- Power: – 10-32 VDC / 100-240VAC
- Terminal Colors – White (default) – Tan
- Battery: Hot-Swappable Lithium Ion (Rechargeable) Up to 3.5hrs usage, Recharge: less than 3hrs
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to +55°C / -13°F to +131°F
- Storage Temperatures (excl. battery): -40°C to +80°C / -40°F to +176°F
- Humidity: 95% RH at +40°C (+104F)
- Environmental (Antenna): IP 66 for dust and rain
- Environmental (Transceiver): IP52for dust and rain
- Supported Languages – UK, FR, DE, ES, RU, CN
- Standard Warranty – 2 year parts and labor – Extended warranties available
*These are example plans only. For full details of our BGAN airtime options, please visit our BGAN service plans page.
Rent a Explorer BGAN Terminal with everything needed for $20 a day with free rental days depending on the service plan chosen. Just call or email us and we’ll do the rest. Should you require a service plan that covers streaming service, please contact us to tailor a plan to fit.
- Explorer 710 BGAN terminal (Transceiver and Antenna)
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- AC/DC power supply – Input 100 to 240 Volts AC
- DC Vehicle power cable
- International plug adapters – US, UK, EU, AU, China
- Short split cable. Connects transceiver and antenna
- 6′ of Ethernet cable
- Quickstart Guide – Paper booklet
- Quickstart guides and manuals on flash drive
- All packaged in a hardened Pelican case.
The Explorer 710 is the most feature inclusive, fastest BGAN terminal on the market today.
Contents of the Explorer 710 include the Explorer 710 terminal, a terminal case (zippable), Quickstart guides in many languages, a 6 foot Ethernet cable, AC-DC power supply with international plug adapters for all countries, Li-Ion battery (not shown), short antenna cable, Users Manual on provided USB drive (not shown).
The 710 can be used on remote sites to create a instant mobile hotspot for one or more wireless capable devices. The terminal also provides phone access to a standard phone, or to smartphones using the Explorer Connect App.
One of the best features of the 710 is its ability to stream live news video at 650 Kbps on an unshared satellite channel using the BGAN HDR streaming service.
From the back, the Explorer 710 transceiver is unfolded for access to the exterior control panel and cable ports. There is also a small compass built into the frame to aid in pointing.
The 710 has a wide display with a 5 key keypad for scrolling through menus quickly. Not the power light and status light and power toggle switch located at the bottom right of the transceiver.
The 710’s web interface is easily accessed by any connected browser by going to 192.168.0.1. All functionality including connecting types, usage, WiFi security and many other features can be accessed from this interface.
The 710 may also be accessed by any smartphone using the Explorer Connect App. This control panel also gives a host of tools to use your 710, including voice support for your smartphone. The satellite telephone number can be configured to ring your cellphone when connected.
The 710 has (from right to left), an external battery port, DC in, Phone port for any standard phone (RJ-11), LAN 2 (RJ-45 Ethernet), LAN 1 (RJ-45 Ethernet & PoE capable), and an ISDN port. Onboard power will supply the BGAN for up to 36 hours on standby.
Another excellent feature with the 710 is that the transceiver of the system can clip off of the base and be moved inside a structure using a long antenna cable. This keeps the waterproof antenna outside with the connection ports inside. An excellent design for long term use at remote locations. An optional pole/wall mount is available in the accessories section.
Here is the short antenna cable connecting the transceiver to the 710 antenna. Optional antenna cables available come in 10 meter, 30 meter, 50 meter and 100 meter antenna cable lengths.
The 710’s transceiver is secured to the base of the 710 with two clips. The transceiver only needs to be unclipped if using a long antenna cable to place the transceiver indoors. Otherwise, it stays attached to the base for normal operation.
The Explorer 710 BGAN Terminal is much smaller than its predecessor (the Explorer 700). Shown here next to a 12 inch ruler. It comes in at 11″ W x 13″ H x 2.13″ D (279 x 332 x 54 mm). The 710 weighs 7 lbs (3.2 kg); the antenna itself is 1.7kg, and the transceiver is 1.5kg.
Small and lightweight, the Explorer 710 is easily used in city, as well as rural settings. Simple connectivity means that anyone can point and operate this device.
3 Year Extended Warranty – Explorer 710
5 Year Extended Warranty – Explorer 710
Corded Phone for BGAN Phone Ports
DC Vehicle Adapter for Explorer 300 / 500 / 510 / 700 / 710
Explorer 710 AC/DC Power Adapter
Explorer 710 Antenna Cable – 10 Meters
Explorer 710 Antenna Cable – 30 Meters
Explorer 710 Antenna Cable – 50 Meters
Explorer 710 Antenna Cable – 80 Meters
Explorer 710 Extra Antenna
Explorer 710 Hot Swap Cable
Explorer 710 Li-Ion Battery (Extra or replacement)
External Li-Ion Battery
High-Performance Optimized Laptop
Pole/Wall Mounting Bracket for the Explorer 710
Would you like a quote or more information?
If you haven't yet decided and would like some expert, impartial advice on the best portable satellite internet device for your needs, get in touch; we have 20 years' experience and we're here to help.