Ready-to-go satellite communication
The Iridium Edge is a ready-to-go, reliable satellite communications device that expands connectivity beyond cellular networks, delivering 100% global IoT coverage.
Its ease of deployment makes it ideal for quick-to-market applications, and it has 180 degrees line of sight for compromised, partially blocked locations. We recommend the Iridium Edge for fleet management, remote monitoring, SCADA, asset tracking and maritime IoT.
Contact Ground Control
- Plug and play satellite communication
- Bottom exit or side exit cable
- Full two-way communication system
- Satellite add-on for truly global coverage
- Integrated antenna and power conditioning
- Robust power supply for industrial IoT
- Certified in key geographies
- 180° line of sight for compromised, partially blocked locations
- Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) modem for pole to pole coverage
- Network Frequency: 1616 – 1626.5 MHz
- Message Size: 270 bytes (receive), 340 bytes (transmit)
- BD Transceiver: Iridium 9602N
- Antenna: Integrated Iridium certified antenna
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 130mm x 80mm x 30mm
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- Side and bottom cable exits
- Connector: M12-8 pin male, terminated on 20cm pigtail cable
- Installation Options: pole, screw, tape
- Power Supply: (9-32v DC), SAE J1455 load dump protected
- Maximum Power: 1.6W (peak for short transmit burst)
- Low Power Modes: < 200uA
- Reverse polarity protection
- Operating and Storage Temperature Range: -40C to 85C
- Vibration: SAE J1455, Section 4.1
- Interfaces: RS232 AT command interface, on/off control lines
Our RockBLOCK Plus product is very similar to the Iridium Edge. There are some key differences, though, which may guide your choice, and these are illustrated in the table below.
Both the Iridium Edge and our RockBLOCK Plus unit come with access to our data and device management system, Cloudloop, so you can receive data via HTTP POST, easily see message traffic and diagnose issues, and manage your airtime usage quickly and easily online.
Line rental is paid in blocks of 1 month, and allows the Iridium Edge to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. You only pay for months in which you wish to use the Iridium Edge. No annual contract is required. Line rental costs $17.00 per month and includes access to the Cloudloop management system for managing your devices.
Credits are used each time you transmit. 1 credit is used per 50 bytes (or part thereof) of message sent or received. 1 credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (A mailbox check). Credits do not expire unless you do not use your account at all for 12 months. Credits are shared/pooled between all of the devices on your account
Please note, while our pay-as-you-go tariffs offer great flexibility for development purposes, we know they are not suitable for everyone. To view our contract pricing, please visit our Short Burst Data Service Plans page.
Is the Iridium Edge right for you?
If you haven't made a decision and would like some impartial, expert advice on the best device for your particular requirements, please call or email us, or complete the form, and we'll be happy to help.