RockREMOTE for Harsh Environments
RockREMOTE Rugged is designed for permanent outdoor installation in harsh environments. Using Iridium’s truly global Certus 100 service and an omni-directional antenna, it is perfect for critical communication in remote and mobile situations.
With no requirement for antenna-pointing and a constellation of 66 rapidly moving satellites, RockREMOTE can reliably transfer your data even with a poor or changing view of the sky.
The powerful Linux-based operating system offers containerised hosting for edge-computing applications. Comprehensive remote management (including diagnostics and firmware updates) is provided by Cloudloop.
Iridium Messaging Transport (IMT) Compatible
Taking full advantage of IMT, the latest Iridium network service evolution, Ground Control has developed a Satellite IoT delivery network. It’s designed to deliver large message payloads for a wide range of IoT applications in a highly cost effective way.
It provides an end-to-end solution comprised of:
- An MQTT application deployed on the RockREMOTE terminal; this provides the interface for your remote application to submit and receive data payloads
- The Iridium IMT satellite service
- An MQTT server application, delivered via Ground Control’s Cloudloop platform, which enables your IoT service application to submit and receive data payloads.
- Intuitive local web UI and RESTful JSON API
- Automatic WAN failover
- Configurable Firewall
- Hosted applications (Edge computing)
- Remote Management with Cloudloop Device Manager (CDM)
- Over-The-Air firmware updates
- Protocol facades for MQTT and FTP
- IP67 rated: designed for permanent outdoor installation in harsh environments
- Omni-directional, with no antenna pointing required; ideal for fixed deployment in hilly or woody locations, or for on-the-move applications
- Simple to deploy, IP-based over Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Dual mode Iridium Certus satellite network combined with LTE
Physical & Environmental
- Size: 250mm x 97mm x 61mm
- Mounting: Fixings for deck/bulkhead and pole mounting
- Antenna Size: 191mm x 95mm (diameter), pole mounted
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Operating Temperature: -40C to +70C
- Ingress Rating: IP67
- Vibration Rating: EN 300 019-2-5, EN 300 019-2-7
- Iridium: Certus 100: IP (22/88 kbps) and IMT
- Cellular: LTE Cat 1 & Cat 4
- GNSS: GPS, Glonass, Bei-dou, Galileo, QZSS
- WiFi: 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Iridium: TNC cable assembly to supplied Certus antenna
- Cellular, GNSS, WiFi: SMA connector to external antennas
- Ethernet: M12 connector, supplied hybrid cable
- Serial & GPIO: M12 connector
- SIM: Field accessible Certus & Cellular SIM slots
- DC Input: 10-30V DC protected
- Power: 0W (sleep), 5W (idle), 9W (average transmit)
- Compliance: CE, FCC, IC
For full details of our Iridium Certus 100 airtime, please visit our Certus 100 Service Plans page.
LAUNCHING IN FEBRUARY 2023
The new rugged form factor is in response to customer feedback and will be available from February 2023 (the current form factor is available now). It's designed for permanent outdoor installation in harsh environments, whether fixed or mobile. If you'd like to know more, call or email us, or complete the form.