A fully redundant satellite infrastructure
Dual Matrix is the answer to “what if something goes wrong with the satellite connection?”, be it a line-of-sight obstacle from a building or tree, or congestion, or network error, or other technical problems.
Ground Control’s Dual Matrix service offers connectivity with a second orbiting satellite at the touch of a button. This fully redundant dual infrastructure solution is ideal for all industries that must maintain the highest of communications standards.
Use of Dual Matrix requires the TS2 Controller with any Toughsat mobile satellite system. Simply press Sat 1 or the Sat 2 button to switch between satellites. The Toughsat dish will automatically search and connect in about one minute with the 2nd satellite without any other user interaction.
- Line-of-sight obstacles? A 2nd satellite is a second opportunity of connecting without moving your vehicle
- Moving East or West? Choose the satellite with a higher look-angle for easier connecting
- Network congestion? The 2nd satellite may be wide open
- Internet backbone outage? The 2nd satellite bypasses troubles instantly
- Teleport outage? A teleport disabled by earthquake or flood can be bypassed
- No change to service plans. Dual Matrix works with all iDirect plans Ground Control offers
- Up to 20 Mbps down by 5 Mbps upload speed with either satellite.
Dual satellites. Dual teleports. Dual hubs. Dual networks. Dual backbones.
Ground Control’s two North American teleports service two different high-performance iDirect satellites that operate independently of each other.
With the Dual Matrix Service, a single mobile satellite dish may connect with either of the satellites at any time at the touch of a button, no matter the plan subscribed to.
Dual Matrix Dual-Coverage
Map showing the Intelsat Galaxy 18 satellite and SES2 footprint, and their shared coverage areas.