BGAN M2M Satellite Terminal
The 9502 terminal delivers affordable, global, end-to-end IP data connectivity enabling applications in industry sectors such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring, compressor monitoring, well site automation, video surveillance, and out-of-band management to primary site communications.
The exceptional low power consumption (1W idle) of the Hughes 9502 makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites that are off the grid. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solar- battery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
Contact Ground Control
Antenna Positioning Flexibility
The Hughes 9502 includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism.
The One-Piece 9502 is also identical in service performance to the two-piece 9502, even though it has a smaller antenna. Both systems are class 2 BGAN terminals. Only a 12-volt power cable and an Ethernet cable are needed for the cable run to this device. Exterior-rated Ethernet cables are rated for 328 foot (100 meter) cable runs.
The Hughes 9502 includes the One-Piece terminal, a padlockable security bar that keeps the enclosure caps from being removed, and four mounting bolts. We recommend the mounting bracket when purchasing the One-Piece 9502.
Contact Ground Control
- Easy to install
- Service using Inmarsat BGAN or BGAN M2M provided by Ground Control
- Ultra-low power consumption: It draws only 3 to 4 watts for an always open TCP-IP network connection. Hibernation mode draws just 0.01 watt and wakes up (in 30 seconds) on any LAN activity – excellent for small solar installations
- Operates in extreme hot or cold temperatures -40°F to 167°F (-40° to 75° C)
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure “always-on” network connectivity
- Supports multiple network modes: NAT, Relay, NAPT & PPoE
- It is secure from hackers with powerful firewall rules in place, or use a private network for ultimate protection
- Remote SMS control – activate, deactivate, reboot, and many other options using SMS control
- Connectivity ports – Ethernet (RJ-45) – are plug-and-play easy
- Two-Piece Indoor: 150 x 200 x 45 mm, 1.2 Kg (2.64 lbs)
- Two-Piece Antenna: 385 x 385 x 33 mm, 1.9 Kg (4.18 lbs)
- One-Piece: 275 x 275 x 84 mm, 3.8 Kg (8.4 lbs)
- Operating Temperature: -40° C to +75° C
- Storage Temperature: -55° C to +75° C
- Humidity: 95% RH at +40° C
- Antenna Wind Loading: Survival wind loading (with optional mount) up to 100 mph
- Environmental: One-Piece: IP66, Two-Piece: (IDU) IP40, (Antenna) IP65
- Power: +12 Vdc/+24 Vdc nominal
- Supported transport protocols – TCP, UDP, ICMP, SKIP, GRE, ESP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Certified – FCC, CE, CSA, RoHS, EWRA.
A satellite dish (VSAT) may have cheaper service to transmit large amounts of data, but VSAT dishes are bulky, often require certified installation, use more far more power (100-150 watts vs 4 watts), and the signal can be knocked off with wind, snow or ice. And if the dish is moved off signal with wind, it will require a certified installer to drive to the site to repoint. In contrast, the Hughes 9502 is extremely small, and operates very well in extreme weather snow/ice and high winds. It also DOES NOT require a certified installer since anyone may point a BGAN terminal. And it will take a lot of snow and ice to knock a system offline… far more than a satellite dish.
Pointing a 9502 is not as critical as with VSAT dishes and slight misalignments won’t effect connectivity. The power draw of a 9502 is a fraction of VSAT systems (.01 to 4 watts) and excellent for remote solar installations. As for transferring data, most M2M devices, POS terminals, or any other IP device can be tweaked to send small amounts of data making the small monthly fee a very cost effective, reliable solution.
Monitor and control all rural or urban assets anywhere on the globe and with one service provider.
While a laptop is handy for pointing the 9502, it is not required. Many installs may be in awkward locations, such as on a pole or building side. In these cases, a pair of headphones use the audio port of the 9502 for and audible signal strength tone for pointing.
We recommend the 9502 be configured to operate with connected equipment prior to remote installation… So during installation, the only action required is mounting and pointing. Excellent for non-trained personnel, or for installers who don’t wish to contend with a laptop.
12 Month Extended Warranty
3 Year Extended Warranty
5 Year Extended Warranty
50′ RF Antenna Cable for 9502
9502 IDU Securing Bracket
9502 Mounting Kit – Wall & Pole – Complete
9502 RF Antenna Cable – 10 Feet
9502 Universal Power Supply
Antenna Mounting Kit – Universal Pole – Mid Pole
Hughes 9502 1.6″ Pole-Top Antenna Bracket
Hughes 9502 2″ Pole-Top Antenna Bracket
Pigtail Cable – Use Your Own Enclosure
Replacement 9502 RF Antenna Cable – 10 Meter
Would you like to know more?
Many who approach us have limited understanding of the technology so we're there to help answer basic and complicated questions and provide the most cost effective solution for remote monitoring and control needs. Call or email us, or complete the form.