Portable Satellite Terminal
All Iridium products operate anywhere on the planet, which means both North and South poles, open oceans, all continents, stationary or moving or flying as long as the GO is exposed to the open sky. And with a 100 foot (30 meters) Wi-Fi range, one may connect a smart device to the GO while inside.
While the internet connection is limited at an advertised 2.5 kilobits per second, it’s enough to do basics such as sending small files or checking the weather from a weather app.
Iridium GO! is small enough to fit in your pocket and like other Iridium products, it’s tough enough to withstand rain, sand, dust and rough use. It has an Ingress rating of IP 65, which means it’s dust tight, and can withstand waterjets from any direction. Its also meets military rugged standard of MIL-STD 810F.
Iridium GO! GPS Tracking
The Iridium GO! has a valuable GPS tracking features that can instantly show your current GPS to any email or SMS text of your current location instantly. Emails or SMS texts also include a web Google Maps link to your current location.
Iridium GO GPS tracking can also be automated where the GO’s GPS location is sent every 5 minutes to once a week… an excellent option for fleet tracking or mapping of maritime vessels.
The Iridium GO! offers a programmable SOS button that can be configured to notify specified contacts in the case of an emergency. Once configured, an SOS can be initiated either from the Iridium GO! device or application.
An SOS initiated by pressing the SOS button on the Iridium GO! device will only send an emergency message with location information, while an SOS initiated from the Iridium GO! application will also provide the option for two-way voice communication with the designated contact.
To support the SOS feature, Iridium has contracted with GEOS Travel Safety Group to provide an emergency response coordination service for your Iridium GO! at no additional charge. Standard airtime charges will apply to SOS mode messages and/or calls to GEOS.
- Phone: Make or receive phone calls on your smartphone
- Email: Send and receive email and attachments
- Instant Messaging: Send a text to any phone number of email address. Receive texts instantly
- Files: Send files or photos from the Mail and Web app
- Web Browsing: Opera Mini Browser (iOS) or XWEB for Android devices
- GPS & Tracking: Show current position either with a click of a button, or transmit automatically at intervals
- Social Media: Send Tweets and Facebook updates through the app
- SOS Button: Send an emergency message, or set up to send an SMS to a defined cell phone number or email
- Weather App: Press the weather button within the app to get local conditions
- WiFi Hotspot: Up to 100ft (30 meters) from the device. Connect from inside a building
- Offline Email Composition: Write emails any time and send only when you connect
- Advanced Screens: Settings for Firewall controls, WiFi security, device passwords, tracking configuration etc.
- Package Contents: Iridium GO!, Li-Ion Battery, Battery Door, USB Cable, AC Charger with international plug adapters, DC Charger, Protective Cover, Users Guides
- GO Dimensions: 4.5″ x 3.25″ x 1.25″ (81.7 x 119.81 x 33.44 mm)
- Weight: 10.4 ounces (0.65 lbs, or 295 grams) – With Protective Cover add .875 oz or 24.28g
- Internet Speeds: 2.4-2.8 Kbps Uncompressed 24 Kbps Compressed
- Rechargeable Battery: 3600 mAh – 7 hours talk, 16 hours standby – 4 hour charge time (from depleted)
- Durability Specs: Military-grade ruggedness (MIL-STD 810F)
- Ingress Protection: IP 65 – Dust resistant, and able to take water jets from any direction without harmful effects
- Temperature Ranges: Operational 14° F to 122° F (-10° C +50° C) ,Storage -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to +60° C)
- AC Power: 100 – 240 VAC, 50-60Hz; Ships with four international AC mains plug adapters supporting US, UK, EU, Australian wall plug types that support over 130 countries
- DC Power Vehicle Port Adapter: Input 10 – 24Volts DC – Output 5 Volts 2.1 Amp
- DC Power (USB Port): Nominal 5 Volts DC – Maximum 1.5 Amps, Minimum 500 Milliamps
- Wi-Fi Hotspot Range: 100′ feet (30.5 meters) – And up to 5 devices
- Wi-Fi Frequency: 802.11 b, g, n – 2.5 Ghz
- External Antenna: TS-9 – Requires TS-9 to TNC adapter cable to allow connecting with most Iridium antennas
- Number of Users: Up to 5 devices may connect to the Iridium Go using the Iridium Go App at any one time.
- Interface Connectors: SIM Card, Micro USB, External Antenna.
- Web Interface: Advanced configuration screens accessed by any connected browser (even laptops)
- Supported OS Apple: Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: iOS 6.1 or newer
- Supported OS Android: Android smartphones, tablets: Android OS 2.3.3 or newer
- GPS Accuracy: Within 8.2′ feet, (2.5 meters) CEP, Velocity 0.1 meters per second. Timing 60 nano seconds.
- GPS Operational Limits: Altitudes over 59,000′ feet from sea level (18,000 meters) Velocities faster than 1153 MPH (515 meters per second)
- SOS GPS Global Response: Requires online registration with GEOS
- Registration Regulatory Certification: FCC, Industry Canada, CE, ITU, RoHS
Iridium GO! data minutes are simply a dial-up connection to the internet. When browsing or using email, your GO! terminal will automatically connect to the Internet by dialing a phone number. Since it is a phone call to the internet, it’s billed on a per-minute basis.
Also, since the GO! can only make one call at a time, you can’t be on the internet and make a phone call at the same time. For new subscribers, we highly recommend using the unlimited data plan when initially starting GO! service since you can be connected any length of time. Once acclimated to the GO!, downgrade to a lower plan if you find that you are not using the service much.
- Iridium GO! portable satellite terminal with Wi-Fi
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery (not shown in picture)
- USB Cable (1.2 meters)
- AC Wall Charger
- International Plug Adapters – US, UK, EU, AU
- DC Vehicle Charger
- Protective Cover
- GEOS Brochure
- Users Guide and other documentation.
*For full details of our Iridium GO! airtime pricing, including pre-paid services, please visit our Iridium GO! Service Plans page.
Place the low-profile mag-mount antenna on any vehicle roof and stay connected while on the road. Includes 4 foot cable and GO antenna adapter cable.
The Iridium Go Wi-Fi range can be increased if it’s raised up from the ground by at least one foot. A tripod makes a good stand since the Go can be quickly attached to it.
The Iridium GO! App shown here is available from the App Store. Search for “Iridium GO”… the program is free to download. Connection to the Iridium GO is by Wi-Fi.
On the other side of the Iridium GO is a USB port and an emergency SOS button.
The Iridium GO! may be used by consumers and professionals for 100% global connectivity. At the very least, a great backup solution to staying connected anywhere.
The included protective cover for the GO is used to help protect the go from the sun and other elements. The front display of the GO is not necessary to view in order to use the full functionality of the GO.
The Iridium GO! measures 4.5″ x 3.25″ x 1.25″. It fits inside any pocket and weighs just over half a pound (295 grams).
The Iridium GO packaging.
With so many features available, we believe the GO should be standard equipment for any world traveler.
The Iridium GO is lightweight and easy to use in any location where you can see the sky.
The display of the Iridium GO shows battery level, signal strength, time, and a variety of information including GPS. The two scroll buttons allow for easy navigation.
To access the Li-Ion battery, use a screwdriver, or coin to unscrew the two screws.
Inside, the battery compartment is where the Iridium GO Sim Card is placed. This tray swivels up to allow the insertion of a Sim Card.
An external antenna port allows a vehicle mag-mounted antenna, of for use when inside a building. Also next to the antenna connection (on the left) is a reset port. The hole on the right is for a lanyard wrist strap.
Here the swivel satellite antenna is set to the “on” position. Simply place the device where it can view the sky. The Wi-Fi hotspot allows up to 5 wireless devices to connect up 100′ (30.5 meters).
Want to know more?
If you'd like some help selecting the best product / service for your requirements, please get in touch; we have 20 years' of experience and we're here to help.