Designed for permanent installation on vessels and vehicles
The RockFLEET tracker wakes up on a regular basis, obtains a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmits that position back to Ground Control HQ using either LTE Narrowband/GPRS or the Iridium satellite network. We visualise the positions on an easy-to-use web-based viewer.
The RockFLEET also allows short messages (like SMS, social media updates, and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device, such as a smartphone, and the Messenger app. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of cellular network range.
The combination of LTE Narrowband and Iridium provides a cost-effective and truly global method of tracking and communicating with your assets wherever they are.
- Transmit a GPS position as frequently as every 15 seconds, or as infrequently as once every 24 hours
- Speed up / slow down tracking frequency depending on your location / connection type
- Features GPS, accelerometer and thermometer, power loss and impact sensors
- Features an optional RS-232 serial input for IoT usage
- Alerts when external power lost, or when route switching
- Data from RockFLEET can be delivered to our platform Cloudloop, or to your own web service
- Truly global operation using the Iridium satellite network
- Least-cost routing option using LTE Narrowband where possible
- Send and receive texts and short emails using Bluetooth LE
- Small form factor, with multiple mounting options – can be covertly mounted
- Submersible to 3m for 24 hours
- Proven to operate at -30C and +60C
- Will run on 9-30v external power supply back-up internal battery, for up to two weeks’ use
- Dimensions: 120mm diameter x 50mm height | 4.7″ x 1.96″
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 85°C
- Operating Temperature: -30 to 60°C
- Operating Environment: <75% Relative Humidity
- Sealed against dust and water ingression to IP68
- Power Input Voltage: DC (9-30v)
- Power Consumption: 500mA max, plus very low current sleep mode (<30mA)
- Uses the Iridium 9603N Short Burst Transceiver
- Uses the Maxtena 1621 Patch Antenna
- Available with LTE Narrowband, Serial Communications (RS-232) and Bluetooth LE
- Cable Options: 3m 9-30c (can be varied)
- Switch input/output wires for remote input/alert/control
- Complex geofencing abilities
- Remote configuration of ALL parameters remotely over the air
Ground Control offers Iridium SBD airtime both as a prepaid tariff, and as an annual contract for companies planning a larger deployment of devices. Full pricing plans can be found on our Short Burst Data Pricing page.
If you choose our prepaid, or pay-as-you-go option, line rental is paid in blocks of 1 month, and allows the RockFLEET to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. You only pay for months in which you wish to use the RockFLEET. No annual contract is required. Line rental costs $23.00 / £18.00 per month and includes access to The CORE management system for managing your devices.
Credits are used each time you transmit. 1 credit is used per 50 bytes (or part thereof) of message sent or received. 1 credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (A mailbox check). Credits do not expire, even if you are paying no line rental. Credits are shared/pooled between all of the devices on your account
Please note, while our pay-as-you-go tariffs offer great flexibility for development purposes, our contract pricing offers better value for money once your project is live. Get in touch if you’d like a quote based on your specific requirements.
RockFLEET is integrated with our tracking platform, Cloudloop Tracking. Designed for simple tracking requirements, fleet owners can track their vessels wherever they go.
- Gain real-time and historical vessel visibility
- Speed monitoring – analyze asset speed over time
- Simple event tracking (signal loss, start, stop)
- Organize assets into groups
- User-friendly with easy setup
If you have your own tracking platform, our well documented APIs make it easy for you to ingrate the RockFLEET’s data. Or, if you need a tracking platform with more features than Cloudloop Tracking, talk to us – we have several partners who have specialist applications for vessel management.
Can we help you?
Start a chat with our team today and discover how RockFLEET can enhance your marine operations. Complete our online form, or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, call us on +44 (0) 1452 751940 (Europe, Asia, Africa) or +1.805.783.4600 (North and South America). We're standing by to help.