The tracker will wake up on a regular basis, obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to Ground Control HQ in seconds using the Iridium satellite network. The message is relayed to us from Iridium and then we visualize the positions on an easy-to-use web-based viewer.
The RockSTAR also allows short messages (like SMS, social media updates, and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device, such as a smartphone, and the Messenger app. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of mobile network range.
Whether you have one device or 1,000 devices, with Ground Control’s ‘CORE’ web-based platform, managing them is easy. You can sub-divide devices into groups to suit your needs, and set up multiple users with different permissions. For instance, some staff could be set up to simply ‘view’ positions, whereas others could be given permissions to send commands and configure devices in the field.
- Track all of your field workers’ position from a single screen
- Set up and track against waypoints
- Monitor alerts from devices
- Set up geo-fences to provide early warning if a device has gone inside / outside a certain area
- Add line rental and credits to your devices
- Web-based, for access anywhere
- Full support from experienced staff.
The CORE is a 24/7 managed service, and coupled with our devices, provides the best and most reliable Iridium tracking service available.