Powerful On-the-Move Iridium Certus Communications
Whether you operate as part of a deployed force or a single individual, this solution is designed to meet your unique challenges through a simple, adaptable and robust design.
MissionLINK operates using Iridium Certus broadband services over a network of 66 satellites that cover 100% of the globe. The solution utilizes this robust network service to provide highly reliable, mobile and essential voice, text and web communications for fixed sites and mobile users.
100% Global Phone & Internet
The Thales MissionLINK (pronounced “Tal-les”) is a WiFi Internet hotspot (802.11bg) for any wireless capable devices. It has 3 Ethernet ports and 3 phone lines to make and receive calls from anywhere in the world using standard corded or cordless phones.
The MissionLINK is designed to be mounted on any vehicle, or at a fixed location where connectivity may be limited… No matter where you are located, as long as there is a view of the sky, the MissionLINK may connect.
The Thales MissionLINK is composed of two main parts, the transceiver and the domed antenna which are connected by a 10 foot (3 meter) antenna cable.
- Easy to set up and use
- High-speed satellite broadband on the Iridium Certus 700 network provided by Ground Control
- 100% Global, Low Latency satellite coverage for critical data and communications
- Connects up to 12 wireless devices (laptops, smartphone, tablets) simultaneously
- 300 meter – 1,000′ feet WiFi range. Excellent for working at a distance
- 3 phone lines… 2 on the RJ-14 phone jack, and 1-3 for VoIP phones via Ethernet
- Operates in extreme environments -30°C to +55°C / -22°F to +131°F
- WPA2 wireless security with MAC address whitelisting
- Internet domain whitelists and blacklists configurable from terminal
- Location tracking services – Send coordinates to any server with any time frequency
- Equipment manufactured in the USA
- 2 year standard warranty with 3 and 5 year extended warranties available
- Terminal Dimensions: (H) 2.3″ / 5.8cm (W) 12″ / 20.5cm (D) 9″ / 22.9cm. Weight: 7.5 lbs / 2.4kg
- Antenna Dimensions: (H) 4.1″ / 10.2cm (Ø) 14.5″ / 35.6 cm. Weight: 6.2 lbs / 2.8kg
- Internet Speeds: Up to 704kbps (Rx), 352kbps(Tx), 256kbps(Streaming)
- Wifi: 802.11b/g, 300m / 1,000ft rang
- Environmental: (Terminal) IP31, (Antenna) IP66 – Excellent in all kinds of weather/dust
- Warranty: Two years standard limited warranty. Extended warranties available
- Antenna (white): Electronically steered phased array. Polarization is RHCP with a gain of 9.5 Beam width is 31 degrees typical per beam. View angle of MissionLINK antenna is from 8° up from the horizon to 90° overhead
- Service Used: Iridium Certus on L-Band frequency
- Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g frequencies (802.11n is currently not supported
- Wireless Range: Tested at 300 meters (1,000 feet) with good wireless signal (-78 dBm signal) to standard laptop computer
- LAN: 3 RJ-45 Ethernet Ports with PoE (Power over Ethernet Class 2)
- WAN: Passthrough failover parameters set in the web interface
- Phone: 3 phones lines – 2 are available on the RJ14 phone jack (with splitter), and all are available to VoIP phones. Configuration of lines may be configured from the MissionLINK web interface
- IO Port: GPIO (RS-232, +12V out, DISTRESS, Radio Gateway, GPIO
- External DC and AC Power: 10 to 32 volts DC (MIL-STD-1275D)
- Power Consumption: System power consumption is 30 watts average with 60 watts maximum (during heavy load transmission) – Tested
- Operating Temperatures: -30°C to +55°C / -22°F to +131°
This is an example of our Iridium Certus 700 airtime plans. For full details, please visit our Certus 700 Service Plans page.
The MissionLINK high-gain phased-array antenna works with the Certus network for high-speed satellite connectivity.
On the front panel next to the on-off button is a standard RJ-14 phone jack that will support 2 standard phone lines (with dial-tone). Also shown are three Ethernet ports which can support any connected device and VoIP phones (up to 3 VoIP phones for 3 phone lines). The WAN port is for a device connected to the Internet such as a cellular modem or satellite dish so that the end user may have least-cost routing.
On the back panel is the WiFi (802.11bg) antenna for up to 12 wireless devices, the SIM card slot, an IO Input-Output port for API integration (not required for normal use), a power port that can take a wide range DC voltages from 10 to 32 volts from any source. The 12VDC power port is an alternate power input port. Right of that is the antenna connector for the 10′ (3 meter) antenna cable and finally a vehicle chassis grounding lug.
Additional hardware is provided for fixed mounting of the antenna and the MissionLINK transceiver.
A close-up of the antenna mag-mounts.
The MissionLink antenna comes with three rubberized mag mounts to quickly secure it to any vehicle roof.
The MissionLINK web interface provides many powerful tools to configure the system to needed requirements. From any connected browser, the interface is located at URL: 192.168.55.1
For service, the MissionLINK requires an Iridium Certus SIM card that provides the account information to the terminal when connected. Here is where the SIM is inserted (with rubber cover bent back for a better view).
The MissionLink antenna comes with rubberized mag-mounts that attach to 3 locations on the bottom of the antenna for easy placement on any vehicle rooftop. Additional hardware for fixed location and rackmount mounting is also included with the terminal.
The top view of the MissionLINK terminal. Note the 3 LED lights that show power, satellite connectivity and WiFi.
Would you like to know more?
Contact us via phone or email, or complete our contact form by clicking the button below.