The small size, low-cost and ease of integration make the Iridium 9602 ideal for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) solutions such as automatic vehicle location, asset monitoring, marine and personal tracking applications.
At the heart of our RockBLOCK 9602 is an Iridium 9602 modem. The RockBLOCK hosts the 9602 and provides it with an antenna, and its power supply requirements. It exposes the modem’s serial interface via a breakout connector over serial, or USB (via a USB/serial adaptor).
- Designed to exclusively support Iridium’s Short Burst Data Service
- GPS module antenna feed for shared antenna applications
- Single header connector for power, on/off control, logical level asynchronous Uart Control and network availability
- Simple AT command interface
- Low, uniform global latency: less than one minute
- Very small form factor offers unmatched flexibility
- RoHs compliant
- XXMC connector for small omni-directional L-Band antennas
- Pole-to-pole global coverage
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 41.0mm x 45.0mm x 13.0mm
- Operating Temperature Range: -40C to + 85C | Operating Humidity Range: < 75% RH
- Frequency Range: 1616 to 1626.5 Mhz
- Input / Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Idle Current: 45 mA (average) | 195 mA (peak)
- Receive Current: 45 mA (average) | 195 mA (peak)
- Weight: 30.0g (0.066 lb)
- Storage Temperature Range: -40C to +85C | Storage Humidity Range: < 93% RH
- Duplexing Method: TDD (Time Domain Duplex)
- Multiplexing Method: TDMA / FDMA
- Transmit Current: 190 mA (average) | 1.5 A (peak)
- SBD Message Transfer: average current – 190 mA | average power: <= 1.0 W
Line rental is paid in blocks of 1 month, and allows the RockBLOCK to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. You only pay for months in which you wish to use the RockBLOCK. No annual contract is required. Line rental costs £13.00 per month and includes access to The RockBLOCK management system for managing your devices.
Credits are used each time you transmit. 1 credit is used per tracking position or per 50 characters of message sent or received. 1 credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (A mailbox check). Credits do not expire unless you do not use your account at all for 12 months. Credits are shared/pooled between all of the devices on your account.
For full details of our Short Burst Data airtime plans, please visit our SBD pricing page.