Budget Friendly, In-Motion BGAN Terminal
Powered by the smallest C11 antenna, the Hughes 9450 C11 series is a budget-friendly and highly competitive mobile terminal, ideal for government, first responders, public safety, mobile healthcare, and remote mobile fleet personnel in industries such as utilities, oil and gas, forestry, cable, and telecommunications.
Corporate disaster planners and remote field personnel can collaborate reliably and efficiently with various agencies and headquarters staff using video, voice, and data simultaneously.
Using the world’s smallest mobile BGAN terminal, customers can connect at IP broadband speeds of up to 464 kbps while on the move. The Hughes 9450-C11 terminals are IP-based and offer selectable, dedicated Quality of Service (QoS) levels.
Simple, quick, and flexible options are available for installation on any vehicle. The mini-antenna (available on the TW and LW options) may be permanently mounted for fleet-style installation or the optional magnetic roof mount can be used for rapid installation and removal.
- Voice and data communications on the move
- Easy to use and operate
- Simple two-piece design, antenna, and controller / transceiver connected with 8-meter antenna cable
- Easy to install antenna using bolt mount or optional mag mount
- Connection via Ethernet or Optional Wi-fi and Phone ports
- Service using Inmarsat BGAN or BGAN M2M (for low bandwidth applications) provided by Ground Control
- Up to 464Kbps speeds with C11 Antenna. Class-2 BGAN terminal.
- SMS messaging will work with connected smartphones
- Onboard router includes port forwarding, MAC filtering, Firewall tasks
- Remote access of system – Capable of tracking and fleet management applications
- Capabilities: Internet, email, voice, FTP, FoIP (fax), ISDN, SMS text, video streaming
- Global Voice: 4Kbps, 3.1K audio via RJ11 phone port (on supported terminal variant)
- Internet Speeds: 464Kbps (Rx), 448Kbps (Tx) – Class-2 BGAN
- ISDN: 64Kbps
- Streaming (CIR 1:1): 32, 64, and 128Kbps (both directions)
- SMS: 160 characters
- Wifi: Optional 802.11 WiFi Hotspot
- Cable to Controller Length: 8 meters
- Environmental: IP 56 (antenna)
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 131°F (-25°C to 55°C)
- Storage (survival) Temperature: -40°C to 80°C
- Humidity: 95% non-condensing at 40°C
- Ice Buildup: Non-operational at 25mm of ice
- Power: 12 or 24VDC vehicle power
- Max Power Consumption: Operating 65 watts (35 watts on idle)
- Antenna Dimensions: (H) 119mm x (Ø)252mm
- Weight: 2Kg
- Controller (Transceiver) Dimensions: 281mm x 232mm x 46mm
- The Hughes 9450L-C11 terminal has four Ethernet ports, which allow the user to connect multiple devices.
- The Hughes 9450LW-C11 terminal has four Ethernet ports and WiFi capabilities.
- The Hughes 9450E-C11 terminal has four Ethernet ports, Phone, SMS, Fax and ISDN capabilities.
- The Hughes 9450TW-C11 terminal has four Ethernet ports, WiFi, Phone, SMS and Fax capabilities.
For full details of our BGAN airtime options, please visit our BGAN service plans page.
Rent a Hughes 9450 Auto-Tracking BGAN Terminal with everything needed for $20 a day with free rental days depending on the service plan chosen. Just call or email us and we’ll do the rest.
Rental 9450 system includes:
- Hughes 9450 domed antenna with mag-mounts
- 9450 transceiver
- 10 meter antenna cable
- DC vehicle power cable
- AD/DC power supply
- Ethernet cable
- Quickstart guide
- USB flash drive for manuals
- Packaged in a hardened Pelican case.
The 10 inch C11 antenna for the Hughes 9450 can offer speeds of up to 464 Kbps. The Mag-Mount are rubberized to avoid scratching the vehicle roof.
The flexible antenna cable is 8 meters long, and thin enough in most cases to avoid being pinched in a door jamb.
The Class 11 domed antenna for the Hughes 9450 Terminal with the rubberized Mag-Mount feet attached. The feet will quickly allow the Hughes 9450 to be placed on top of any metal roof. Removal is fairly easy, but does take a bit of effort to pop a first end off the roof.
The Bolt Kit (left side of picture) comes with locking nuts and rubberized washers. The Mag Mounts (right side) include their own hardware and spacers.
The Transceiver of the Hughes 9450TW. There are 4 LAN ports that have PoE (Power over Ethernet) ability.
The Hughes 9450 transceiver may connect directly any 12 volt power lead in a vehicle. With the purchase of a DC vehicle plug, the terminal may be powered from any vehicle power port.
Would you like to know more?
We have 20 years' experience and we're here to help. Just call or email us, or complete the form.