The small size, low-cost and ease of integration make the Iridium 9602 ideal for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) solutions such as automatic vehicle location, asset monitoring, marine and personal tracking applications.
The 9602N modem basically does nothing unless it’s connected to a PCB. If you are intending to build a commercially available product, please note that Iridium require you to get certification for building your own PCB around their modems. If you’re just testing or will only use the device for personal applications, you don’t need certification.
Our Iridium-certified RockBLOCK 9602 connects the 9602N modem to a PCB, and includes an antenna and power supply options.
- Designed to exclusively support Iridium’s Short Burst Data Service
- GPS module antenna feed for shared antenna applications
- Single header connector for power, on/off control, logical level asynchronous Uart Control and network availability
- Simple AT command interface
- Low, uniform global latency: less than one minute
- Very small form factor offers unmatched flexibility
- RoHs compliant
- XXMC connector for small omni-directional L-Band antennas
- Pole-to-pole global coverage
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 41.0mm x 45.0mm x 13.0mm
- Operating Temperature Range: -40C to + 85C | Operating Humidity Range: < 75% RH
- Frequency Range: 1616 to 1626.5 Mhz
- Input / Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Idle Current: 45 mA (average) | 195 mA (peak)
- Receive Current: 45 mA (average) | 195 mA (peak)
- Weight: 30.0g (0.066 lb)
- Storage Temperature Range: -40C to +85C | Storage Humidity Range: < 93% RH
- Duplexing Method: TDD (Time Domain Duplex)
- Multiplexing Method: TDMA / FDMA
- Transmit Current: 190 mA (average) | 1.5 A (peak)
- SBD Message Transfer: average current – 190 mA | average power: <= 1.0 W
Ground Control offers Iridium SBD airtime both as a prepaid tariff, and as an annual contract for companies planning a larger deployment of devices. Full pricing plans can be found on our Short Burst Data Pricing page.
If you choose our prepaid, or pay as you go option, line rental is paid in blocks of 1 month, and allows the 9602 to exchange information with the Iridium satellite network. You only pay for months in which you wish to use the 9602. No annual contract is required. Line rental costs $17.00 per month.
Credits are used each time you transmit. 1 credit is used per 50 bytes (or part thereof) of message sent or received. 1 credit is also used if you check your mailbox and there are no messages waiting (A mailbox check). Credits do not expire, even if you are paying no line rental. Credits are shared/pooled between all of the devices on your account
Please note, while our pay-as-you-go tariffs offer great flexibility for development purposes, we know they are not suitable for everyone. If you are planning a large deployment of devices and are willing to commit to airtime contracts of 12 months or more, please get in touch. We have access to various tariffs which may suit you better.
Would you like to know more?
Call or email us, or complete the form, and we'll be in touch within one working day.