For permanent installation on ships, yachts, and vehicles
The tracker will wake up on a regular basis, obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to Ground Control HQ using either LTE Narrowband/GPRS or the Iridium satellite network. We visualize the positions on an easy-to-use web-based viewer.
With Bluetooth and additional API / communications ability, it offers easy integration with modern cell / tablet applications for catch reporting etc. A paired Bluetooth device can send and receives short messages (like SMS, social media updates, and short emails); this allows for full two-way communication.
The combination of LTE Narrowband and Iridium provides a cost-effective and truly global method of tracking and communicating with your assets, wherever they are.
- Autonomous GPS tracking
- Full two-way communication system from anywhere on Earth
- Least-cost routing option using LTE Narrowband where possible
- Small form factor, with multiple mounting options
- Can be covertly mounted and positioned
- Submersible to 3m (9.8ft) for 24 hours
- Proven to operate at -22F and 140F
- Designed for permanent outdoor installation
- Various tracking options from 1 minute to 12 hours
- Will run on 9-30v external power supply back-up internal battery, for up to two weeks’ use
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters such as tracking frequency
- Optional serial integration add-on to provide satellite connectivity to other devices
- Communication via USB, Bluetooth LE, or serial (UART/RS-232/RS-485)
- Truly global operation using the Iridium satellite network
- Bluetooth LE for advanced messaging (requires Bluetooth LE-compatible phone/tablet)
- Alerts when external power lost, or when route switching
- Complex geofencing abilities
- Dimensions: 4.7″ diameter x 1.96″ height | 120mm x 50mm
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 185°F
- Operating Temperature: -22 to 140°F
- Operating Environment: <75% Relative Humidity
- Sealed against dust and water ingression to IP68
- FCC & CE, plus MIL-810 F/G certified
- Power Input Voltage: DC (9-30v)
- Power Consumption: 500mA max, plus very low current sleep mode (<30mA)
- To send data, make a simple HTTP POST to our web service. The message is queued on the satellite network almost immediately, ready for RockFLEET to download on your command
- Uses the Iridium 9603 Short Burst Transceiver
- Uses the Maxtena 1621 Patch Antenna
- Available with LTE Narrowband, Serial Communications and Bluetooth LE
- Cable Options: 3m 9-30c (can be varied)
- Switch input/output wires for remote input/alert/control
- Includes GPS, accelerometer and thermometer, power loss and impact sensors
- Remote configuration of ALL parameters remotely over the air
- Messages sent from RockFLEET via serial can either be delivered to your chosen email address, or sent to your own web service as a simple HTTP post
These are example plans. For full details of our airtime options for the RockFLEET, please visit our Short Burst Data Service Plans page.
Want to know more?
Call or email us, or complete the form, and we'll be happy to answer any questions, and make our expert recommendation on the best product and service for your needs.