RockREMOTE delivers a reliable and flexible, all IP-based, dual-mode LTE-Satellite communications solution for fixed, semi-fixed or mobile M2M / IoT applications worldwide. Customers select between Ethernet, Wi-Fi or Serial RS232/485 for their communications interface requirements.
The highly adaptable RockREMOTE guarantees robust communication and provides the vital link to ensure that your data keeps flowing when the grid stops.
Dashboard – User Interface
- Easy to use interface to configure RockREMOTE functionality
- Advanced debugging and monitoring tools
- Remote Configuration via Cloudloop Data
Smart Connection Management
- Automatic reconnection and retry mechanism; on-demand, interval or scheduled connection.
- Traffic routing is based upon a user programmable strategy
Enterprise or Cloud
- Integrated with Cloudloop Data for integrated Billing. Provisioning and Usage Monitoring
- Certified support for AWS IoT Core, Google Cloud IoT and Azure IoT Hub
Cloudloop Device Manager
Imagine you have installed RockREMOTE IoT satellite terminals at different sites that are remote and far away from your headquarters. What happens if you need to access essential system information on these units or there is a need to reboot the terminal or extract service logs? You would probably need to go to the locations where these units are installed physically.
These site visits will incur a heavy financial cost including time and resource. With that in mind, you would want to be able to access these terminals remotely from your office and via a secure connection.
Cloudloop Device Manager is a secure, cloud hosted solution, designed for the RockREMOTE satellite terminal, enabling users to remotely access, diagnose and manage the functionality of their terminal using a laptop from the comfort of their office. CDM enables customers to use their human resources wisely, and send personnel on site visits only when needed, not for unnecessary routine checks when all is well.
Key features & Benefits
- Remotely access RockREMOTE configuration and status information.
- Access service and system logs to enable remote troubleshooting.
- Remote device reboot, a restart will often fix a problem.
- Update Iridium firmware over-the-air.
- Intuitive web user interface with map view making it easy to see and navigate to each device.
- Set device connection alerts and notifications, to provide visibility of problem devices.
- Efficient service to device communication, initiated only from the platform interface to keep satellite data usage
- Securely connected end to end, with CDM data segregated and routed separately from customer application data.
Note: CDM data is transmitted over the Iridium IP network and counted against the active airtime plan. Although every
effort has been made to perform data transfer in the most efficient way, some actions may use a significant amount of
data and therefore use a significant proportion of the monthly data allowance, or potentially incur overage charges.