We understand many public safety organizations do not require 24 x 7 connectivity, so Ground Control has created the high-speed Emergency Mobile Responder “EMR” occasional use service package. Any 10 calendar days of unlimited connectivity per month for one low monthly price.
This can be purchased with or without hardware. If you have existing equipment, we can provide airtime for that, or if you are in need of a complete communications solution, we offer mobile auto-acquire satellite systems including the Toughsat Flyaway and the MCD-4800 “The Football”.
EMR Mobile VSAT Performance Plans
These plans are designed for mobile, auto-acquire satellite systems.
We also offer access to our Dual Matrix Service, a fully redundant satellite infrastructure. With this service, a single mobile satellite dish may connect with one of two geostationary satellites at any time.
• 10 days unlimited use each month
• All plans include free access to our VSAT user portal
• Option to upgrade to the Dual Matrix Service (add 20% to the list price)
• A day begins at 12PM GMT – use unlimited days at any time during the month
• All plans include free access to our VSAT user portal for detailed tracking & usage reports
• CIR (Committed Information Rate) is a dedicated “unshared” channel, highly recommended for VoIP
Fixed Location Internet & Phone
If and when disaster strikes in your area, maintain a backup broadband Internet and multi-phone connection.
Our EOC on-demand satellite connectivity packages are priced for public safety organizations, providing emergency internet and phone for your station / headquarters.
• Charged by the day usage is charged by the calendar day, which starts at midnight GMT
• Charged by the day plans will not trigger daily rate if idle usage stays under 100 KB every day
• On-demand plans are charged by the MB over the 1 GB monthly allotment
• *20 Mbps speeds are only available on Galaxy 18 and require an iDirect X7 Router
• Video streaming is only allowed on Charged by MB plans
• CIR (guaranteed speeds) are available on all plans
Additional Mobile and Fixed VSAT Services
Our emergency communications satellite equipment meets or complies with all SAFECOM requirements for emergency interoperable communication equipment.
Bundled Pricing for Mobile and Fixed Combination
If you purchase both a fixed and mobile solution from Ground Control, we’ll discount your equipment purchase by 10%. You can find our fixed satellite equipment here. For mobile satellite internet, check out our Toughsat series: the Flyaway and Trailer-based options are all popular with emergency responders. For a case-based solution, the MCD-4800 “The Football” is our top pick, but we have a wide range of solutions for all requirements and budgets. Please get in touch and we’ll be happy to provide you with a tailored quote for your needs.
Get a quote for your airtime
Ground Control has been supplying emergency responders with satellite communication services since 2002, and you will not find a more experienced team with whom to discuss your requirements.